• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
June Discussion

Bostonseminole

Max temps have been fairly meh to this point. Most stations have struggled to, or haven't hit, 90F yet. My max so far is 84.5F...whoopdeedoo.

There's been many low dew days which has made for many beautiful, dry, high diurnal range days. There haven't been many dead ratter stretches, but nothing excessively hot either. This is probably about as close to "normal" as you can get over a sustained 2 month period.

yep 84 here too

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, as far as the eye can see Kevin was 100% correct when, back in May, he called the end of cold, shty weather until fall. That was when he decided (realized) that there was a group-think vendetta against him on this board.

And who calls the New England severe season in June? Sorry Windcredible, but wtf...

Bit tongue in cheek there. More or less just commenting on how there seems to always be someone talking about day 7 featuring a decent looking convective threat which ends up looking like crap once we're in 5 days. Obviously there's still plenty of time to get a couple decent threats...but seems kinda silly at this point to discuss any threat beyond day 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heat waves end with a bang mid summer

I think we've definitely pulled a few big ones early recently. Memorial Day 2012, June 1, 2011, etc. But at the same time our biggest event last year was the September EML event.

SPC's climo plots favors early to mid July around SNE for greatest probability of severe weather. Wind matches the overall severe threat, with hail peaking a week earlier in the month.

post-44-0-08195700-1404011145_thumb.png

Wind

post-44-0-64654100-1404011156_thumb.png

Hail

post-44-0-83245700-1404011178_thumb.png

Awesome day here in Wolcott...at a non-alcohol picnic and great day of relaxing and with multiple fireworks shows beginning at 9:00 PM. My sunburn from Monday and working outside this week probably got sunburn today. Arms and neck on fire.

902CF49D-4BEA-44BF-9263-786326154DD2_zps

I like the picture, Paul.

Did you down some 40's of Diet Coke?

Gonna be a hot one this week.

Cue Kevin.

57.9/57

Max temps have been fairly meh to this point. Most stations have struggled to, or haven't hit, 90F yet. My max so far is 84.5F...whoopdeedoo.

There's been many low dew days which has made for many beautiful, dry, high diurnal range days. There haven't been many dead ratter stretches, but nothing excessively hot either. This is probably about as close to "normal" as you can get over a sustained 2 month period.

3 months of meh.  Max is 83 here, only 3 days 80+, have had just 4 CDDs, and the only thunder came from a 5/29 event that grew just after passing by my place.  Avg temps have been about -1 for all 3 months compared to my 16-yr records, but 1998-on has been running about +1/+1.5 compared to 1981-2010 at Farmington, so their temps might be almost dead on avg.  Temps normal, rainfall normal, storms (snow/flood/svr) nada - kinda defines meh.

One look at the euro op, and guess who is sending weenie texts at 6am.

He's still not back eh?   Just got back from a great week down at the NJ shore..perfect weather all 7 days.

-

heading to Manchester, MA for the 4th-fireworks on the 3rd-hoping the front doesnt screw up the fireworks

ocean, bay,lower highs,less uhi

I buy it all except the uhi argument. ORH ain't exactly a big metropolis. Isn't their airport away from the city anyway? BOS to a degree but the prevalence of east winds early in the season mutes it.

In any case COC today. Summer has been quite nice so far in its youth. The fears of a 2009esque summer have not been borne out. It's been generally nice and most people have enjoyed it so far.

MVY 43 last night. Place is like the moon.

I think their sensor is not right....they hit like 33F in mid June, and while it was a chilly night, their readings have been sticking out like a sore thumb. Maybe dendrite has that MADIS page update.

I wouldn't trust the MVY lows right now. Granted, last night's reading wasn't as egregious as some others earlier this month, but still not trsting them entirely.

MADIS tends to struggle with a place like MVY that is surrounded by water. It basically doesn't think it should be radiating at all.

http://weather.gladstonefamily.net/site/KMVY

These large nighttime "errors" are pretty common there in the warm season. Check out that 10 day stretch with a 10F error in September last year.

http://weather.gladstonefamily.net/cgi-bin/wxsitequal.pl?site=KMVY&days=364&sensor=temp

I think their sensor is not right....they hit like 33F in mid June, and while it was a chilly night, their readings have been sticking out like a sore thumb. Maybe dendrite has that MADIS page update.

I wouldn't trust the MVY lows right now. Granted, last night's reading wasn't as egregious as some others earlier this month, but still not trsting them entirely.

They've pulled stuff out of their behind before. I did notice the dewpoint dropped significantly with the onset of radiational cooling, and they reported fog so it probably did get rather cool there. However, it wouldn't shock me if there was some funny business with the sensor, it does stick out at times. The airport literally is in a sand pit.

They've pulled stuff out of their behind before. I did notice the dewpoint dropped significantly with the onset of radiational cooling, and they reported fog so it probably did get rather cool there. However, it wouldn't shock me if there was some funny business with the sensor, it does stick out at times. The airport literally is in a sand pit.

Yeah I know they radiate well obviously....but even for them, they had some "interesting" readings over the past month or 6 weeks.

MADIS tends to struggle with a place like MVY that is surrounded by water. It basically doesn't think it should be radiating at all.

These large nighttime "errors" are pretty common there in the warm season. Check out that 10 day stretch with a 10F error in September last year.

http://weather.gladstonefamily.net/cgi-bin/wxsitequal.pl?site=KMVY&days=364&sensor=temp

Actually yeah, I should have known MADIS would not like MVY anyway, even if it were perfectly legit readings since it is an island.

There is definitely a common theme. Those radiational cooling nights bring it out. Usually it doesn't happen too often in the winter, although they will get cold if there is ideal conditions.

I got my date wrong earlier...it was the 29F reading on 5/30 that really looked erroneous.

LOL, I remember that. I think we were all surprised. Looking at the PWS, I only could find a 47 for the low at Polly Hill Arboretum. Cold, but not like KMVY. I always looked at KMVY casually as being cold, but never thought about errors in the sensor since they've had some surprisingly cold readings since I can remember. But yeah, they do stick out at times.

In any case, getting back to later this week...the EC ensembles bring some sort of remnants or what have you, up the coast later this week. Could be a lot of rain for some if that system comes up the coast and combines with the cold front stalling overhead.

Well, that would kinda suck if it hangs to the 4th.

The hot week is going to kill the snow... not sure if it even makes it through the next 48 hours. 

This pile from the terrain park was looking on-pace to beat the 2011 date of July 5th for last snow sighting...but the warmth eventually wins out every year.

One lonely pile left at the bottom of the picture.

10492323_10101918384459030_6980168199180

Archived