northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
June Discussion

Bostonseminole

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pre is contingent on a slower frontal boundary which allows the cyclone to get further north before it gets shunted east. If we can time it perfectly we may get both. We'll have to watch the amplitude of the trough swinging through the lakes as that will have a large effect on how fast the front clears the coast.

Kevin is concerned about the amount of ER visits hospitals will have to ensure from couches stuck to the backs of people this week. He wanted me to tell you lol.

He's a puss for not posing.

He left after he got mad at me and then accused you of calling him a liar....yet he still texts you. :lol:

Its been a bad summer for extreme weather enthusiasts, so perhaps its good he took a break. First legit extreme event and he'll be back.

He left after he got mad at me and then accused you of calling him a liar....yet he still texts you. :lol:

Its been a bad summer for extreme weather enthusiasts, so perhaps its good he took a break. First legit extreme event and he'll be back.

He still pushes the temp and dews via texts lol. Sounds like he's busy washing his truck, watering, and taking the kids to softball. 

I got my date wrong earlier...it was the 29F reading on 5/30 that really looked erroneous.

My frost pocket had 28 on 5/29 and 39 on the 30th.  If MVY has 7 AM obs (and recorded upper 20s on the 29th), that might explain the reading on the 30th - a "cheap holdover" low.

I remember Tamarack talking about the Augusta, ME snow dump pile lasting well into the summer. 

The Central Maine Glacier made it thru August 25 in 2008, only a day or two shorter than the latest melt-off at Paradise on Rainier:lol:

Only a dirt-covered lump at present, which will make it to the 4th but not much longer.

SREF/NAM drumming out a big moisture surge today well out ahead of the TC. Combination of stalled front and tropical moisture. Notorios signal for prolific convective rains. Will likely not feature steady rain but periods of heavy rain as the convection rides north. PWAT's >2" likely.

Yup... classic PRE signal. 

My frost pocket had 28 on 5/29 and 39 on the 30th. If MVY has 7 AM obs (and recorded upper 20s on the 29th), that might explain the reading on the 30th - a "cheap holdover" low.

I remember Tamarack talking about the Augusta, ME snow dump pile lasting well into the summer.

The Central Maine Glacier made it thru August 25 in 2008, only a day or two shorter than the latest melt-off at Paradise on Rainier. :lol:

Only a dirt-covered lump at present, which will make it to the 4th but not much longer.

MVY is 5z-5z like every ASOS.

NAM looks like a classic PRE.

Euro Ens has a pretty good signal too Thursday into Friday. 

Weird to see so much instability around too... heavy low level theta-e along the PWAT axis but also relatively steep mid level lapse rates (i.e. not moist adiabatic like you normally see with these) with some remnant EML air around.

Watch that naked swirl northeast of Florida just keep trucking toward the FLL. These things are notoriously fickle prior to developing good convection.

Bingo. Technically that llc could even near the coast. Imagine if it went over FL without really ever developing great convection? Could be a bust that keeps us dry for the fourth.

Euro Ens has a pretty good signal too Thursday into Friday.

Weird to see so much instability around too... heavy low level theta-e along the PWAT axis but also relatively steep mid level lapse rates (i.e. not moist adiabatic like you normally see with these) with some remnant EML air around.

wow, that isn't common!

Archived