amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
April 2014 obs and discussion

Ian

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like there's still a decent amount developing to the SW in VA. Probably a ways to go.

Looks like the bulk of the precip moves out after this last batch.  Only 2 roads closed thus far, but Seneca Creek at Dawsonville will go out of its banks and close 14700 block of Berryville Rd. for a time.

Even on The Hill Of Doom, it's time to recheck the lower floor for leaks.

3.30 at DCA and not done yet.

Shades of June 2006?

Or at least Tammybits?? (Oct 2005))

And everyone Will Be So Surprised Again when the usual areas have flooded basements.

I hope our emergency management friends are busy being proactive.

Powells Creek, located behind my house, gave up about 2 hours ago, flooding the woods and watershed as far as the eye can see. A few feet of water swiftly moving downhill through heavily wooded areas is cool to see, but scary in a way. Many of the deer got caught and were fighting the current trying to get uphill toward the community on the other side of the creek. I have only lived here 2.5 years, but have seen nothing close to this. Can't imagine how bad it is for some of those at lower elevations where the creek finally escapes into the Potomac. 1.35 yesterday, 2.46 today. A little more on the way but energy looks to be scooting east.

Archived