amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
April 2014 General Discussion

Geos

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm actually a little surprised by how good the weather has been so far in April, and I can't remember any such stretch of decent weather last year during the first half of the month.  Even though the beginning of next week looks cool, I have no complaints about this stretch of weather. 

Last year was definitely back loaded in terms of cold. We didn't start seeing cold weather until the tail end of January, and the cold persisted well into April. 

This area continues to overperform.  Today is five straight days the temp has exceeded the highest forecast of all locals mets, the nws, and the euro model.  If we can get good sun tomorrow and keep the showers to the nw until late afternoon we will likely overperform again.

Same has been happening here, the last 4 days have ended up above all forecasts.

My location has only been 2 degrees colder than Chicago and we have no green. We have so much dead grass its amazing.

I have noticed greening up of my lawn out on the east side, it isn't full green but it isn't the full brown it was just a week ago.

My location has only been 2 degrees colder than Chicago and we have no green. We have so much dead grass its amazing.

Never seen grass so bad in my life and we had a ridiculous amount of field mice/voles in the neighborhood that has absolutely destroyed our yards because of the snow pack was so long this year.

Never seen grass so bad in my life and we had a ridiculous amount of field mice/voles in the neighborhood that has absolutely destroyed our yards because of the snow pack was so long this year.

Probably a lot of lawn disease this summer, unless you dethatch your lawn. I am amazed how some of the dirty grass at the edges where the snow was pushed off the road, has cleaned up. I can see some greening on hill sides with thin lawns, but not much more than that. We still have natural snow patches in the woods.

Long term forecaster at IND using nice terminology to say the models suck. Must be a member of American wx.

.LONG TERM /TUESDAY THROUGH FRIDAY/...

ISSUED AT 243 AM EDT SAT APR 12 2014

NO MAJOR CHANGES TO THE CENTRAL REGION INITIALIZATION. HOWEVER...
THIS FORECAST IS DECEPTIVELY DIFFICULT.

THE MAJOR MODELS COME UP WITH ROUGHLY THE SAME SENSIBLE WEATHER FOR
CENTRAL INDIANA. THE INITIALIZATION REFLECTS THIS WHICH IS WHY I
WILL USE IT.

BUT...THIS IS NO CASE OF GOOD MODEL AGREEMENT. IT WAS LARGELY A
MATTER OF CHANCE THEY GOT SIMILAR FORECASTS FOR OUR AREA. THE
REASONS WERE DIFFERENT.

THERE ARE BIG DISAGREEMENTS BY LATE IN THE PERIOD. POSSIBLY NO
SOLUTION IS VERY GOOD.
UNTIL WE HAVE MORE CONFIDENCE ABOUT THAT...WE
CANT BE CONFIDENT ABOUT OUR LOCAL FORECAST.

Only green here is on evergreens!!  Pretty much brown as toast here.  Going to attempt some yard work today; couldn't do it last Sunday as the ground was still frozen solid!!!

Today looks great.  Hopefully we can get some storms tonight!!

Was sunny here, buy now has clouded over due to that severe thunderstorm anvil top. Was able to keep my window open all night and not get cold.

0z EURO total moisture, which is almost all rain, for the next 72 hours.

Archived