• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
April 2014 General Discussion

Geos

April 15th, full sun, yet it's only 34 degrees.  At least we've been able to avoid the cumulus field so far.

For days the models have been very wet/white Thursday/Thursday night, but over the last day the models have weakened it considerably and mostly pushed it off to the east.  We certainly don't need another soaker or another cold, wet day at this point, so I'm not complaining.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still a surprising amount of snow on the ground, roofs, trees, and shrubs here in RFD. I figured it would have been decimated by the sun. Definitely some going to hold on through the overnight. Wild. I would have bet against it.

Sent from my iPhone

Around here in Racine I really don't see anything above the surface that has snow on it except for the north faces of roofs.

Detroit will break the record low max of 36 from 1904 today, as I don't expect us to climb anymore today. I do think there is a tiny chance of hitting the record low of 21 before the end of the day but we'd really have to radiate after the sun goes down. Currently 31/15.

Detroit will break the record low max of 36 from 1904 today, as I don't expect us to climb anymore today. I do think there is a tiny chance of hitting the record low of 21 before the end of the day but we'd really have to radiate after the sun goes down. Currently 31/15.

The high was 33F. Another record in the books. The ride of cold/snow we have been on since early December is just spanking the record books. Whats funny is that while we have certainly had our share of record daily snowfalls in recent years, the record cold temps were like pulling teeth while the record warm days were much easier to come by. Then, starting with a record low last May...plenty of cold records have been set with not a single warm one. The other shoe always drops.

Even with almost full sunshine all day (afternoo) and temps near 40F, we still didn't get rid of all the snow on the ground.

How much did you get?! Sounds like more than here then. Maybe the 16:1 ratio here is making the difference.

Very little left here. Temp is going no where tonight - unlike last night.

Archived