joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2014 General Discussion

Geos

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Monday storm could've been interesting with some colder air.  850's do cool a little below 0C but that's usually not going to get it done at this time of year.  Not going to be pleasant weather.

If there was more phasing (i.e. to get colder air) then this storm would be stronger and likely much further NW.  My point is to change a dynamics with a storm presented in the models would likely result a significant changes would not give the simple results desired ... but I really think you know this and just wishing it would be snow ... ;)  :DB)

I slept through it, but light snow was reported overnight, so April is on board with a T.

I hit one of those snow showers driving home on 94 near Chandler Park, it was snowing so hard that it was sticking to the freeway and the grass. I would say the visibility was around a mile at the time maybe a bit lower.

The wasted potential with Monday's system makes me weep. If only it were three weeks ago.

12z NAM sim radar is pretty sweet. Well...only if we play make-believe, and it's all snow. It has all the classic signs: +SN for BTL, DTW, FWA, LAF, and Wyandotte...WTOD and dry slot into Ohio...complete whiff for cyclone...etc etc. :D

Amazing how quickly stuff can spring back to life after such a brutal winter. I wonder if there's any wintery weather left on tap before we're all said and done.

attachicon.gif2014-04-02 14.42.08.jpg

nice pic....our tulip shoots are about 3" out of the ground. The grass is trying to perk up, but the brutal winter is still evident in many areas.

7 day forecast includes our first 60's of the year. Nice to see an above normal stretch for once as opposed to a quick single day warm up.

Highs of 63, 55, 55 and 61 for Thursday-Sunday. Looks wet as well.

Looks like this week will be the last hurrah for a decent spring flood on area rivers, particularly the Grand River. Still a moderate snowpack in the headwaters. Temperatures through the week will wipe out whatever snowpack is left and the added rainfall could make things interesting.

idw8.gif

Archived