amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 25-26 Potential Bomb Part II

earthlight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 12z Euro ensemble mean is actually drier than at 0z. Only around .30" qpf for NYC. Less NW. .50"+ for Eastern LI.

0z had a .50" around NYC.

The 12z GGEM ensemble mean has .50" to .75" for NYC. Much of LI is .75" -1.00". Wetter than 0z.

To early to be looking at qpf. It's all about the track right now. If this gets as deep as modeld there is going to be a very very sharp cutoff. Somone in this forum will get under a secondary deform and score 6 plus and somone else will cry about their dusting. Crazy crazy dynamics in a bombing low like this. I fully expect cantory to get some thunder snow I'm Boston. And the cape and Down east Maine are in for a classic all out blizzard

If there was "feedback" on the gfs and euro runs would that also effect the ensembles? Just wondering.

Not really sure. Perhaps a red tagger can chime in. One thing is for sure is what are the odds of both the GFS and EURO having feedback issues in the same 12z suite. May be the models are still struggling with the true placement of our storm. I wouldn't write anything off until we're under 48 hours.

SLP maybe a bit west but drier for sure. Nothing exciting, really.

Earth,

I've been looking at the western ridge since you mentioned it as a key factor yesterday.  To me it seems to be improving, at least in amplitude but it still hasn't sharpened (gone more vertical) much on the eastern flank.  Is this one of the reasons we haven't seen a more western track?

I think it's amazing how consistent the models have been with this storm since day 8 or so. The track really hasn't budged. I think anyone expecting a direct hit is setting themselves up for disappointment unless they're on eastern LI. It's especially agonizing knowing how intense this low is gonna be combined with the fact that this is likely our last shot at anything significant for the season. 100-150 miles makes all the difference in the world. I guess crazier things have happened, but with the way this March has gone, it doesn't leave me with a fuzzy feeling that this will trend our way. Hopefully most of us can at least pick up a few inches as a consolation prize.

I think it's amazing how consistent the models have been with this storm since day 8 or so. The track really hasn't budged. I think anyone expecting a direct hit is setting themselves up for disappointment unless they're on eastern LI. It's especially agonizing knowing how intense this low is gonna be combined with the fact that this is likely our last shot at anything significant for the season. 100-150 miles makes all the difference in the world. I guess crazier things have happened, but with the way this March has gone, it doesn't leave me with a fuzzy feeling that this will trend our way. Hopefully most of us can at least pick up a few inches as a consolation prize.

I have been impressed with the consistency also.  It is very unusual.  I think as others have said that once all the factors are in good sampling range, all of the models will shift or stay the same together.  I just have a feeling it hasn't stopped moving west.  In any case it will be nice to have some snow fall even if it's light and doesn't accumulate.

I have been impressed with the consistency also. It is very unusual. I think as others have said that once all the factors are in good sampling range, all of the models will shift or stay the same together. I just have a feeling it hasn't stopped moving west. In any case it will be nice to have some snow fall even if it's light and doesn't accumulate.

It hasn't really moved west. At this point, areas not directly along the coast should be hoping for a glancing blow at best, not a significant snow storm IMO

Appreciate your summary. Not sure I have ever said anything of the sort but your usual efforts to troll me into something more will fall short.

Appreciate your summary. Not sure I have ever said anything of the sort but your usual efforts to troll me into something more will fall short.

Good lord I wasn't trolling you at all. I was being a bit snide about the models, not about you. have a glass of wine and relax.

Archived