joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 25-26 Potential Bomb Part II

earthlight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too often wonder about this..as I live in mount Sinai north central Suffolk, I consider eastern Long Island as about where I am on east.

What is the definition of eastern Long Island because to me as i live here that would be Riverhead and east. To someone from NYC eastern Long Island could be Nassau county.

I'd define it as east of the William Floyd Parkway. Central LI is from there west to the Nassau border, and western LI is Nassau/Queens/Brooklyn.

One good thing to take from the nam is it was more amped and had the surface low almost 10mb stronger than 18z (I wonder if other models will follow suit since we are now getting better data)....If it could consolidate the energy I think it would have looked much nicer

The NAM is suffering from severe convective issues...the inverted trof idea has been hinted at slightly by the globals, if indeed it did occur though it would be well up the coast from where the NAM shows it in all likelihood, strictly based on climo of where those tend to want to setup.

Is an inverted trough possible?

With this, almost certainly no. The storm will develop into a classic comma shaped storm quickly and west of the CCB there will likely be very little snow. This is the NAM being the way it usually is at the end of its range. The inverted trough is the model not being able to figure out where to put the low. It also seems to have convective feedback errors.

Guest Pamela

I'd define it as east of the William Floyd Parkway. Central LI is from there west to the Nassau border, and western LI is Nassau/Queens/Brooklyn.

Queens & Brooklyn are not part of Long Island except is a strict geographical sense...they are part of New York City.  Nassau & Suffolk make up Long Island. 

Queens & Brooklyn are not part of Long Island except is a strict geographical sense...they are part of New York City. Nassau & Suffolk make up Long Island.

Brooklyn and queens are ON Long Island not IN Long Island. You can trick people by asking them what the tallest building ON Long Island is, and the answer is the citibank building in queens.

We are still over 84 hr from this event. There is plenty of time for this monster to shift west,given that the ukmet has not bugged for 2 days now showing a sub 960 low way west of the benchmark gives me some hope.We Should see by 0z Monday all the global models come into agreement. I riding the Ukmet till it shows me something different.

We are still over 84 hr from this event. There is plenty of time for this monster to shift west,given that the ukmet has not bugged for 2 days now showing a sub 960 low way west of the benchmark gives me some hope.We Should see by 0z Monday all the global models come into agreement. I riding the Ukmet till it shows me something different.

<72 hours

The ensembles of the GFS at this range follow the Op 95% of the time, so no surprise there...the off runs of the GFS have been horrendous all winter, not always but frequently, so I have generally only been following 00 and 12Z guidance the last 2 months.

Scratch 2 months and insert 10 years and this statement is valid for me ;)

Guest Pamela

no its reality

I might have entertained the notion; but your avatar makes it quite simply impossible...

Guest Pamela

GFS pbp?

East, west, same.

Ridge stronger, weaker.

More elongated, less.

Heights rising, not rising,

Negative tilt, positive, neutral.

Norlun trough, convective feedback.

Bermuda.

The psych ward is two blocks to the left...

Archived