Newest Member
    joxey
March 25-26 Potential Bomb Part II

earthlight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pamela

Its not over til we decide its over! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

So foolish...everyone knows it was the Sri Lankans...

Ray`s history teacher was a Mr Belushi .

Another 70's talent lost too soon. Someone ran a youtube of the 79 Grammys. John Denver, Donna Summer, the Bee Gees. And I thought damn these people are all dead. And yet Mick Jagger and Jimmie Page, after years of self abuse, are still going strong.

If they had moved the clocks forward in April I could have seen the Euro and gone to bed already.

I already know it will show a shift East.  Ok, I don't *know* that, I just strongly suspect that when the other globals initialized off 0Z data show a shift, it will too.

If they get a snow day at parochial schools in far Western Suffolk County, I'd be happy.

You still have a powerful system forming, it wouldn't take that much to change things.

True, but the changes noted seem to be trending further away from a good solution for us. And that has been the story for over a month. To quote Mick Jagger "baby, you're outta time. You're out there without a doubt..."

I thought the pna is suppose to be positive by Tuesday.

I don't think the ridge/trough is the problem so much. The southern stream disturbance that the northern stream has to phase with is escaping too fast. That disturbance has to slow down so that the better ridge/trough alignment can work. It won't work if the southern stream system is already flooring it off the coast. That might work for Nova Scotia and Nantucket but not west of there. If the Euro joins the other guidance with well out to sea tonight I think it's pretty much over. One or two GGEM runs really nailed all of us and that's been it so far. Everything else has been a graze or out to sea so far and if at this late point models are trending SE I think it's lights out.

The pattern has been progressive since December and we still got nailed this winter. Clearly the nao is highly overrated.

The EPO helped us a lot, but there was also some good luck with arctic jet waves trending more amplified close in to verification. Without many changes, we would have had a very cold but dry/snowless winter. I'd still much rather bet on a negative NAO pattern here than otherwise.

The EPO helped us a lot, but there was also some good luck with arctic jet waves trending more amplified close in to verification. Without many changes, we would have had a very cold but dry/snowless winter. I'd still much rather bet on a negative NAO pattern here than otherwise.

Archived