joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 25-26 Potential Bomb Part II

earthlight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C.A.P.E in the mid-atlantic forum posted a really nice discussion out of Mt. Holly related to the short waves entering the RAOB sampling area in the Northwest along with WV imagery. Sorry I don't know how to post it. Post#880 in their storm thread.

nice find WKD,,, nice

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/43223-late-march-wintry-threat/page-26#entry2901315

SREFS are leaning to the NW so that's good obviously. I still wouldn't use them until maybe tomorrow, Nam will be next. I don't really care what it shows but it should still be entertaining.

Things are really not that far off from a decent hit, the east end of LI could actually get a substantial hit so 50 miles further west or so would have huge implications.

Would love to be on the cape though, what a monster they could get potentially.

That`s always an option . 50 miles here a world of difference .3 on the Euro at KNYC over 12 hours doesn't really accumulate .

But .8 will and that's only 30 miles east on the Euro right now .

So every tick matters.

The text you highlighted refers to the areas of heavy accumulations following the storm's departure from impacting New England (largest impact on the Cape and areas near the Cape). Amounts fell off quickly once one moved north of Boston e.g., Portland had only about 2" or so snow.

The text you highlighted refers to the areas of heavy accumulations following the storm's departure from impacting New England (largest impact on the Cape and areas near the Cape). Amounts fell off quickly once one moved north of Boston e.g., Portland had only about 2" or so snow.

Yeh. Looks to be dynamic for a few. Not as many as we would all like.

Hate seeing those CIPS analogs looks like when push cones to shove the last min push is east.

Let's see what the last piece of RAOB s capture at 12z. KNYC is only 50 miles away from 6 plus inches on the euro.

Does using analogs from previous storms in December apply to storms in late March, doesn't seem like an apples to apples comparison.

thats an easy one to answer first start with the sun angle and go from there and move on to ocean temps

I doubt it.  I do however think that the low could actually develop more near or even over Hatteras, as opposed to what the models have been showing with it developing way the hell out in the ocean.  See my detailed post on the previous page.

I was just looking at the NAM and GFS for the SLP placement off the SE coast. The NAM is WAY south, near the Northern Bahamas, which is just ridiculous given the location of the jet. And the GFS, while better, still seems too far west, and to a greater extent, too far south with its placement. Given the location of the front entrance region of the jet, I'd expect cyclogenesis to occur close to the South Carolina coast. This obviously has huge implications on the track, and therefore it's something I'll be keeping a close eye on in future runs.

I'm quoting myself here, because at the time that I made this comment this forum turned into a virtual banter thread and was buried by mostly irrelevant, off-topic comments.

The reason for the shift on the NAM and GFS this morning is the more reasonable placement of the primary SLP (given upper level dynamics) off the SE coast. I do think that further improvements are likely in this regard. The higher resolution of the euro relative to the GFS is also helping it to outperform this aspect.

I'm quoting myself here, because at the time that I made this comment this forum turned into a virtual banter thread and was buried by mostly irrelevant, off-topic comments.

The reason for the shift on the NAM and GFS this morning is the more reasonable placement of the primary SLP (given upper level dynamics) off the SE coast. I do think that further improvements are likely in this regard. The higher resolution of the euro relative to the GFS is also helping it to outperform this aspect.

That being said do you expect immediate improvement with this run of the Nam? ( Just started rolling)

Archived