joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 25-26 Potential Bomb Part II

earthlight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't make this up. Everything has been ddownhill as we got closer to every event.

Only in March. December through February, most storms trended better for us as they got closer. I guess we were due to finally have some bad luck this winter. March was frustrating, but who can complain since we got nearly 60 inches of snow this winter.

With the low that close, there should be more precip. Euro develops 2 lows now. 1 closer to the benchmark and another way out to sea. Euro has more precip than the other models. Still really close. Nice run. This run crushes coastal SNE.

Interesting-it may be going towards a solution where the storm flings too far east initially and then hooks north in time for coastal SNE. That seems like a decent enough possibility.

I guess I have to at least hand it to the Euro to keep the threat alive for now.

Guest Pamela

The Euro is a *major* snowstorm for Suffolk County and practically a crippling one over the Twin Forks...

The Euro is a *major* snowstorm for Suffolk County and practically a crippling one over the Twin Forks...

Looks like Boxing Day 2010 about 100 miles northeast this time for this run.

The fast southern stream I think is still yet our biggest foe in all this. It should hook north enough for someone but it might be Boston and shaft us (west of the William Floyd Pkwy maybe). We'll see.

The fast southern stream I think is still yet our biggest foe in all this. It should hook north enough for someone but it might be Boston and shaft us (west of the William Floyd Pkwy maybe). We'll see.

50 miles west for you and I and it's a different ball game. That's not much considering we are 3 days out

Guest Pamela

This one's been back 'n forth so I don't really have a handle on it...though the ECMWF is now in its kill range (72 hours)....or thereabouts.

0z Euro snowfall map shows 3-6 for NYC,6+ for central LI,10+ for eastern LI and 15+ for Montauk with 20+ for Cape Cod and Boston.

Really tight gradient for the NYC area. This is close.

You won't get 3 at Central Park with the surface temps as the are progged.  2 is a better number there.

Guest Pamela

Might be more in tune with February 1999...

Archived