joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 25-26 Potential Bomb Part II

earthlight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would the storm develop further east despite improved upper level features?

It popped 2 areas of convection and then on the next frame the euro jumps the surface low right to it.

In the end, the euro is still a very good run for NYC and LI.

It popped 2 areas of convection and then on the next frame the euro jumps the surface low right to it.

In the end, the euro is still a very good run for NYC and LI.

I don't know. Something wacky about that run. Convective feedback issues perhaps? Whatever's the case, nice recovery by the EURO.

about a 10 mile westward shift in the precip amounts from the high resolution version on Weatherbell.  10 mile eastward shift on the western fringe over far western NJ.  Basically a tightening of the whole thing and a 10 mile westward shift.  Has NYC up to about 6 inches, 6-9 inches within about 20 miles of the coast in NJ and 6-12 inches from west to east across Long Island.

Yes, it gives you an ugly 9 inches of snow there in Merrick. I will take your ugly and go with it. I wish it were that ugly where I am.

Did you look at the run?? Hr 84 was so far SE. The run look weird to me. But you can go talk about qpf and snow maps all you want.

Edit: it looked to go due north from there and then west of due north the next frame. You need to look at the run before being critical of any post. Just look at hr 84 which is the post in question

Archived