• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 25-26 Potential Bomb Part II

earthlight

I will be shocked if the Euro does anything wildly different than what we've already seen today. It's going to take new data/observations and all of the major players in dense OBS areas for the big changes to happen, if they are going to happen. Just my opinion.

This is the range where the euro went towards the ukmet for last February's blizzard.

Gfs and the rest stayed east until inside of 48 hours.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be shocked if the Euro does anything wildly different than what we've already seen today. It's going to take new data/observations and all of the major players in dense OBS areas for the big changes to happen, if they are going to happen. Just my opinion.

agree 00z euro was still to far se off the sc coast for a big hit here…..we need that to change 

This is the range where the euro went towards the ukmet for last February's blizzard.

Gfs and the rest stayed east until inside of 48 hours.

Same thing happend with this February's storm (Feb 13).  GFS was East up until like the day of.  Problem there was the Euro was WAY inside what it is now. 

We shall see shortly...

Regardless of what goes down what a fitting way to end the winter. If this hits hard its an obvious A plus winter. If its a glancing blow it will bump up to an A here.

What hasn't been talked about much are the coastal impacts which are going to occur even it's its a near miss. 1991 perfect storm never got that close to li and we had 3 feet of water in the streets in south wantagh under sunny sky's. one of the most amazing events I have ever witnessed and it took everyone by surprise big time. It looks like hurricane force wind warning criteria over the offshore waters. This will push a ton of water into the ny bight similarly to 1991.

There are still some major sandy issues that haven't been fixed (dunes on fire island) so this could be something bigger then it normally would be

Again --- you had to be excited when not one model moved East so far.  I've noticed when that happens you get Ens leaning left...especially with Miller A's.  During the Feb 13 storm, the GFS barely even touched us it was so far East, but its Ens always leaned left. 

To me, this Euro run is important only inasmuch as it does the same thing --- doesn't go drastically East and its Ens lean left. 

Plenty of time here for a MIller A.  Plenty.

On mobile, but the 500mb maps I am looking at compared to last nights run look remarkably similar.

which would go along with your predicition of nothing wildly drastic taking place.  If we can get it to stay the same or be slightly inside of last night, i'll take it and look forward to the Ens at 4PM.

which would go along with your predicition of nothing wildly drastic taking place. If we can get it to stay the same or be slightly inside of last night, i'll take it and look forward to the Ens at 4PM.

I'm shockingly in agreement with Yanksfan. I see small differences in the ULL and ridging.

The ridging is noticeably stronger this run as the ULL energy amplifies, heights rising over the west coast at hour 54.

I don't agree. I think the ridging is about the same and jet streak is on more of a southeast trajectory.

This should still develop the initial surface low too far east.

The ridging is noticeably stronger this run as the ULL energy amplifies, heights rising over the west coast at hour 54.

I don't agree. I think the ridging is about the same and jet streak is on more of a southeast trajectory.

This should still develop the initial surface low too far east.

Archived