• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/18-3/19 Icy Event

JoshM

Looks like another stream of moisture is forming along I-85 from Charlotte to the Triad.  This might keep the temperatures from rising above freezing. I'm not sure how much precip we will get overnight.  Doesn't look to be too much, but the temps will hover just below freezing.  Probably some school delays in the morning too?

radar is really starting to fill in over N. Ga.....

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back to class... Moderate/heavy sleet. The roads were wet except on the bridges (and maybe some of the heavily shaded areas), where I did see a wreck. If only this were snow... Oh, well, I'll take it. The temperature is steady at 29-30.

It looked like around 0.25" of IP on the shaded areas of the driveway.

Yeah once that moisture over GA gets here thats when the fun begins. Going to be nasty after rush hour.

Still possible for some places to get an inch or so once that moisture get here.

I think some spots could get even more. The precip is looking fairly juicy in Georgia. And I'm no where near getting above freezing.

I think some spots could get even more. The precip is looking fairly juicy in Georgia. And I'm no where near getting above freezing.

Its possible maybe more. But the rates will have to pick up and the sleet mix out. I know here its alot of sleet with fine snow.

Maybe so far about 1/8"

Its possible maybe more. But the rates will have to pick up and the sleet mix out. I know here its alot of sleet with fine snow.

Maybe so far about 1/8"

We've got a little more than that. Hard to really tell, but it's getting awful out there. School systems have definitely made a msitake with keeping schools in,

Sleet starting to pick up again here.

I'm going to go fill up my kerosene jug at least half way. The amount of green filling in down in Georgia has me concerned. We were without power last time and I don't want to take any chances. I was very thankful that I was prepared last time.

We've got a little more than that. Hard to really tell, but it's getting awful out there. School systems have definitely made a msitake with keeping schools in,

How much you reckon on the ground in Reidsville?

Not sure what I think about the radar. This will definitely be interesting going into the later afternoon. Usually when you have precip moving NE into areas west of Charlotte, (at least)RDU will do well.

Yeah its a water hose going up 85 corridor. It may take time but there is alot of moisture downstream over SC/GA.

What is your opinion regarding the way radar is filling in in Georgia? That looks like a LOT of rain. I can't tell if it's going to make it here to the Triad or if it's going to be a bit more east (Maybe Greensboro and east). What do you think?

Maybe mountains/foothills east. GSO/WS has alot to come before it starts pushing off to the east towards Raleigh and the coast. But I wouldn't worry much about zr and power. Your right on the line of zr/sleet and sleet will prevent major icing. If the precip becomes heavier that will limit zr too but should see more snow mixing in around GSO/WS eventually.

Archived