joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/18-3/19 Icy Event

JoshM

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah i don't run that site superjames.  btw it's been sleeting on my drive home here in cary. laying on the car a bit. will be interesting to see how low we go tonight

I'm losing my mind, LOL.  I'm not sure what I was thinking.

BTW, no precip here of note for the last hour or so.

If the HRRR is going to be correct, precip will begin to backbuild to the NW soon.  We'll see.

EDIT: Looks like there's a few snowflakes blowing around outside now, so maybe the next burst of precip will be snow.  We shall see.

LOL! I've deleted most of those "friends". I really thought you were him. Anyways, thanks for all your good info. :)

I found it easier instead of picking and choosing just to delete the whole thing. But I guess thats me. But YW.

NC WX 10.  Yeah its sleeting here at a good clip. The radar over your area and mine says nothing should be falling. But I noticed that light snow mixes in when the rates let up some. Heavy rates its sleet. Even though its not well defined flakes but more like single snow columns/grains. This storm is backwards.... :huh:  

First pic was taken early this morning and then now. Hard to say .25-.5" of sleet/snow. Not bad even though its taken about 8-10 hours to get this much.

post-7245-0-12015700-1395091298_thumb.jp

post-7245-0-25745600-1395091355_thumb.jp

Getting a heavy glaze on all the trees and power lines. 1/2 inch to 1 inch icecicles  hanging off the power line as the freezing rain continues to pile on when heavier returns let up. Jburns is probably loving it! :lol:

Mostly IP here.  Not worried yet.

I found it easier instead of picking and choosing just to delete the whole thing. But I guess thats me. But YW.

NC WX 10.  Yeah its sleeting here at a good clip. The radar over your area and mine says nothing should be falling. But I noticed that light snow mixes in when the rates let up some. Heavy rates its sleet. Even though its not well defined flakes but more like single snow columns/grains. This storm is backwards.... :huh:  

First pic was taken early this morning and then now. Hard to say .25-.5" of sleet/snow. Not bad even though its taken about 8-10 hours to get this much.

yeah i noticed that too. The lighter rates the more snow it is. And we've got about a half an inch also

I had zero accumulation or wintry weather of any significance at work.  Drove 10 minutes north into the Viewmont area of Hickory and all the trees in my neighborhood are glistening with the ice accumulation.  It's beautiful.  My wife said that there was some significant sleet around noontime, enough to coat the deck and cause her to slip and fall trying to bring in fragile vegetation.  Fortunately, only her pride was injured.  Very light freezing rain is ongoing.  The temperature is hovering at 31.5 F.

Yeah, it looks to be coming together as the HRRR progged to some degree with the building back in SW NC.  I'm not sure the couple-hour lull we had here was depicted well, but in any case the sun is now setting, so if we can get SN/IP rather than ZR, we might be able to work on some accumulations (besides the ~1/4" IP we already have on the ground in the shaded areas with less than that in the non-shaded areas).

Looks like it should start up here again anytime.

Just hit 29 so temperatures are dropping off.  I think our daytime high was 30 today (remarkable for mid-March), though we we were in the mid-30s at midnight.  I wonder what the record low max is today?

The precip back along the I-77 corridor is really coming together.  It looked earlier that all of the additional precip would be light and spotty.  It's looking much more organized right now back SW.

southeast.gif

wwa for the mtns.  where is the precip. coming from?  looks like its already east of the mtns.  but we're under a wwa until 11 am tuesday morning for heavy sleet.  where is it .

Whats falling around the triad? Something should be reaching the ground.

But I suspect what ever does maybe in the form of ip/zr. 850 temps have warmed up over the last couple hours according to spc.

Freezing rain here.  Yuck!!!!!!!  Jburns, maybe you should start to worry just a bit.  You are a bit north so maybe sleet can save the day.

Steady light freezing rain here in NE Hickory.  There's a really nice coating over all elevated surfaces.  I don't think there are any road issues currently, but I'm not venturing out to investigate either.  Catawba County Schools have already gone with a three-hour delay for tomorrow morning.

Temperature is 30.7.

Archived