joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/6-3/7 Last Hurrah Obs

Hvward

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't heard any thunder and I live 3-4 miles east of the airport.  Maybe I missed it, though.

Just moderate freezing rain.  This is going to be ugly if we don't start pinging or snowing soon.

I'm about 7 miles East of the airport and didn't hear any thunder but I hear the constant ping.

wind-blown sleet storm here ... maybe some ZR mixed in but not much

Do you have any road stickage yet?

Man, the wind is loud.  It almost sounds like a train is rolling through.

I seem to be getting IP when under heavier rates.

EDIT: Actually, it looks to be mostly IP now, though ZR is mixed in.  We're flipping and flopping.

Do you have any road stickage yet?

Man, the wind is loud.  It almost sounds like a train is rolling through.

sticking to the shoulders and down the center line ... Hwy 150 has that sparkly look it under the street lights

EDIT: just took a walk out to the road and 150 is starting to get covered ... not a car in sight ... and wow the sleet is blowing in sheets! ;)

Look at that precip shield......I think this one is gonna end up being a pretty serious one for us here in the north central Piedmont fellas.....pretty much from Chapel Hill/Durham west....

we need that CAD to keep pumping cold air in and keep heavy rates as well for the IP....if a majority of this ends up zr it will be crippling....gonna be nasty either way IMO

(I'm not even going to mention snow seriously so I can maybe reverse jinx it :)  )

Archived