Newest Member
    Toothache
3/6-3/7 Last Hurrah Obs

Hvward

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is one impressive line coming through on radar. Check out the dbz's

Are you have freezing rain or sleet down your way?

I think I'm going to pull an all-nighter tonight.  I've only got one class tomorrow (at 9 AM which will probably be canceled) and I've really got nothing else to do tomorrow with spring break next week.  I'm interested to see what we get hit with overnight (pingermaggedon or whatever) and it's the last storm of the season (probably)!

I think I'm going to pull an all-nighter tonight.  I've only got one class tomorrow (at 9 AM which will probably be canceled) and I've really got nothing else to do tomorrow with spring break next week.  I'm interested to see what we get hit with overnight (pingermaggedon or whatever) and it's the last storm of the season (probably)!

I'm pulling an all nighter too.haha. You think that line to our south might change us over to snow?

Interesting. I didn't hear it, but I was watching a basketball game and not really paying attention.

It's a raging sleet storm here at the moment.

Wasn't a huge flash or rumble. Kind of one of those distant flashes and low rumbles you see/hear in the summer after the storm has passed. TW

That is one impressive line coming through on radar. Check out the dbz's

Yeah insane on radar. I will be looking out side when it comes through. Alot of the sleet here is small  graupel type snow/sleet. But with the band like could produce huge irregular chunks

Interesting.  I didn't hear it, but I was watching a basketball game and not really paying attention.

It's a raging sleet storm here at the moment.

As cold as the air is the thunder is really muffled. Alot lower than typical summer time thunder.

Yeah insane on radar. I will be looking out side when it comes through. Alot of the sleet here is small  graupel type snow/sleet. But with the band like could produce huge irregular chunks

As cold as the air is the thunder is really muffled. Alot lower than typical summer time thunder.

A car just struggled to go up NC 96.

Hardest job tonight is not a forecaster. It belongs to the school closing committee at WSFCS. Didnt pull the trigger on anything yet and now the folks are sleeping. As it stands right now they should close for certain. If it is 32/33 at 5am with a pile of sleet lying around, what do you do knowing it could be melted by 9? They are trying hard to get these days in but I dont think they have much of a choice tomorrow.

Anyway, raging pingermaggedon here in kvegas. Nite folks (and boy did we just barely dodge a mega zr storm).

I'm sure the roads are a disaster here in person and granville countys. Esp rural roads like 96.

A car just struggled to go up NC 96.

OT: I think I know where about you stay in Virgilina. You stay between the bridge/car wash to the store in the country by the dirt road. There is another road with a ballpark/field near by.

Jonathan, on 06 Mar 2014 - 11:38 PM, said:

About to eclipse 2" here in Bassett, VA (50mi S of Disc/ROA)

No sleet or zr to speak of since it started at 7:30pm.

Mod-Hvy SN

30°/28°

Good stuff, Jonathan. Going on 29 degrees here and starting to get a nice coating on everything except the roads. Not coming down heavy enough yet to get on them.

I think I'm going to pull an all-nighter tonight. I've only got one class tomorrow (at 9 AM which will probably be canceled) and I've really got nothing else to do tomorrow with spring break next week. I'm interested to see what we get hit with overnight (pingermaggedon or whatever) and it's the last storm of the season (probably)!

32 is the melting point down here. We are about 30 miles apart and somewhere between us is the transition line.

Archived