• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Giant signal for mid month. This was noted in the teleconnectors earlier this week

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a huge slug of precip in what looks like a commahead over NY and into CNE and NNE (in addition to SNE as well)...that look has me thinking there's a lot of solutions which bring the mid-level lows quite a bit closer than the sfc track.

Might not be totally unreasonable in a setup like this where an arctic high presses down...making the system more tilted than usual for a big coastal.

Yeah I agree. In addition to some juicy members, that is a big circulation. A reason why I love highs to the north. In addition to keeping it cold, they enhance frontogenesis and differential temperature advection.

But as we all have stated, lots of time left.

There's a huge slug of precip in what looks like a commahead over NY and into CNE and NNE (in addition to SNE as well)...that look has me thinking there's a lot of solutions which bring the mid-level lows quite a bit closer than the sfc track.

Might not be totally unreasonable in a setup like this where an arctic high presses down...making the system more tilted than usual for a big coastal.

IIRC, that's how we did so well in Valentines Day 07 up here even with the SFC low quite a bit more SE....big tilted system with strong mid-level lows well NW of the surface low.

IIRC, that's how we did so well in Valentines Day 07 up here even with the SFC low quite a bit more SE....big tilted system with strong mid-level lows well NW of the surface low.

Yeah...its also how you get a wider transition zone of sleet. The Euro setup is really cold in the low levels, so there would likely be a large area of sleet and eventually ZR further south before you get to plain rain...its not the traditional style "rain vs wet snow" you often see in March...there's more mid-winter precip types in there.

Obviously though this whole thing can change. The strong arctic high building southeast is a huge factor.

Now analyzing any GFS run much less an 18z run.. Now that is something no one should be doing. Euro is a diff story

Who's analyzing? Comment on a run does not equal analyzing. It would be funny though. Will walking through the woods in dendrites while you get concussed from sleet.

Does anyone have info or a map or snowfall totals from the march 20 92 storm? i can't anything on google about it..I don't even recall that storm

3/19/92 and 3/22-23/92...both were CT specials. The former produced 7-10" while the second produced a quick 3-5". A plane slid off the runway at JFK in the latter event. Late March '92 had an impressive cold pattern after a torch winter.

And to add to the entertainment value, this 18z GFS is technically bombogenesis.

It's just that it somehow manages to deepen a bomb while maintaining the most mundane sensible impact plausible, relative to all.  

It goes from 992mb leaving the Del Marv, and is nearing 882mb 12 hours later.

new kind of low, broken shred headed precipitation bombogenesis... Yes, that's right, without availing of any latent heat release advantages from precipitation production, we still drill for oil.

Archived