joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pattern reload cold and snow discussion last week of February

Ginx snewx

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would've paid money to live where you were this winter. Didn't you have like 3 feet on the ground a few days ago?

Most of you know I'm not billing this as anywhere near epic up here, but from like Philly to Boston I think most of those snow lovers would take this winter again in a heart-beat. It was a pretty strong winter too for parts of central New England, especially towards the coast.

I think most of the coastal dwellers or even everyone within 100 miles of the coastline had an above to well above normal snowfall winter with some serious bouts of cold.

very very happy with the winter, free man acts like he lives in Colorado.

You and I live in very distinctly different areas with different expectations.  Remember I average almost double what you avg.  Your local winter has been far better relative to avg.

lol @ folks hanging onto winter and "cold".

Five days until Spring.

Disappointing winter, but they can't all be epic. After this initial colder stretch, really looks like a more zonal and moderate pattern. Maybe a couple crappy snow chances, but by-in-large it's "ovah".

Those hoping for spring weather are going to be very very disappointed. We may not see much snow, but it sure isn't going to be spring.

I give this a B so far.

Man given the atlantic pattern this Whole season we should be sending thank u cards to the pacific for carrying us in a predominately cold pattern since november. That is big for me , esp when the last time the pacific did that for us was .....nice to have just cold month after cold month after cold month. The pacific gets it done for cold

lol @ folks hanging onto winter and "cold".

Five days until Spring.

Disappointing winter, but they can't all be epic. After this initial colder stretch, really looks like a more zonal and moderate pattern. Maybe a couple crappy snow chances, but by-in-large it's "ovah".

Dissapointing winter say whaaaa?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Lets just hope your '93-'94 Leon analog year continues through March...  March '94 was huge up here and was really the month that "made" the winter.

This year isn't all that far off of '93-'94 on the snowpack plot, although we did spend the meat of the winter 12-24" below in snow depth, which was pretty much the difference between skiing in the woods and off-trail and not having enough snow.  But the overall gist is pretty similar.

Pray for March/April to put this up another notch like '93-94.

Archived