• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Pattern reload cold and snow discussion last week of February

Ginx snewx

The only anger from me is the town going back to the old days and dumping sand on the streets instead of straight salt. Ever since they ran out and went way over budget last week they've come around the last 3 mornings dumping horrific red sand all over everything. Did you have a map total on air?

Well get used to your road looking like an ancient spice trading highway crossing the Sahara, because nobody has salt.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I can sense the growing anger.

I sensed it in a lot of guests up here for Presidents Week. Luckily we have good snow on the ground so I don't have to listen to people talk about how their backyard in Boston has more snow than up here, but people have been shocked when folks up here tell them it hasn't been that snowy of a winter, haha. Riding the chair just today with a couple from CT and one other single skier who is a local, and the guy from CT started going on about what a snowy winter it's been...I didn't even have to say anything before the other local guy was like, "say what?" Haha.

Then the CT guy's wife dove into a rant about how all the snow and ice should stay up here and how it's such a big inconvenience and how we can have all the snow in the world in the mountains but she was going to lose it if it keeps snowing steadily back at home, haha. I've heard that line from multiple people too this vacation week..."you can have the snow up here where you can put it to use, but I'm completely done with it at home."

The thing is, when it just wants to snow in an area, it's hard to get it to stop.

Well get used to your road looking like an ancient spice trading highway crossing the Sahara, because nobody has salt.

Thats not true because rt 74 which is a state road and runs right by my street has only been salted. So the state has salt .. And I'm quite sure every municipality in SNE is not using sand. It's the more rural areas

The state has it all.  No kidding, they told Eastern salt in Chelsea they wanted all the salt they have and all the salt coming in. All 300 000 tons of it.  So expect the lots at work or at the shopping mall to be a little slick, but you'll be fine getting there...

The state has it all.  No kidding, they told Eastern salt in Chelsea they wanted all the salt they have and all the salt coming in. All 300 000 tons of it.  So expect the lots at work or at the shopping mall to be a little slick, but you'll be fine getting there...

Well right, but what I mean is that there isn't salt to spare. They have to be wise with what they use.

Great articles on the damage being done to vehicles by spray on salt. My 2005 Silverado the step on brackets rusted off, terrible crap for the environment and also as road salt dries it vaporizers and becomes an irritant to lungs and eyes.

Salt away baby. If that means I can get to work in one piece without some idiot sliding into me, then by all means turn it into a massive salt lick. It's not only my safe doing, but my family too. The price we pay for having a large economic region in a relatively snowy climate.

Salt away baby. If that means I can get to work in one piece without some idiot sliding into me, then by all means turn it into a massive salt lick. It's not only my safe doing, but my family too. The price we pay for having a large economic region in a relatively snowy climate.

sand mix is better,although sand alone worked fine my entire life

Nothing in the first article said anything about sand being bad for the environment.  Rather, it said that salt wasn't as bad for the environment as people thought.

Your title for the second was a little misleading because nowhere did it say that "sand kills".  Both places are cities too which is a little different than rural areas.  Stafford uses sand and I have no problem with it.  I'd rather have traction on the hills than slushy ice that will rot my car.

Archived