12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Pattern reload cold and snow discussion last week of February

Ginx snewx

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man out in Killingly CT NE facing hills remain buried, temp crashing as we came off the hill. Houses in these areas in the woods still have a lot of snow on their roofs. Amazing differences across the street the houses have none. Great to see the refresher incoming. Wow on that Euro run. False spring lovers will be pissed.

The more I look at tomorrow...the more it's interesting to me. I feel like today the dynamics and frontogenesis got a lot better. Yes it is anafrontal, but that is some strong 850-700 frontogenesis...you can look at the 850 thermal fields and see a pretty tight gradient.  That s/w comes and tightens it up further as well as an induced circulation from south to north up and over the sloped thermal fields.

The more I look at tomorrow...the more it's interesting to me. I feel like today the dynamics and frontogenesis got a lot better. Yes it is anafrontal, but that is some strong 850-700 frontogenesis...you can look at the 850 thermal fields and see a pretty tight gradient.  That s/w comes and tightens it up further as well as an induced circulation from south to north up and over the sloped thermal fields.

Agreed. Thought the same thing. It's going to be a narrow zone though... so 50 miles north or south will make a lot of difference. 

I don't think we need it to "dig" anymore... the anafrontal structure with strong vort max pushing through should be enough. Also an instability signal around H7. That could be enough for a spot 4". 

Agreed. Thought the same thing. It's going to be a narrow zone though... so 50 miles north or south will make a lot of difference. 

I don't think we need it to "dig" anymore... the anafrontal structure with strong vort max pushing through should be enough. Also an instability signal around H7. That could be enough for a spot 4". 

Yep. I can envision this narrow mesoscale band developing for sure like you said. I'm pretty impressed by BUFKIT. If you look at the theta-e plots on the overview..actually some folding of those surfaces which means some instability and -EPV. Of course maybe the GFS is overdoing it..but all models sort of have that look.

Well hopefully the 00z runs continue this. Still have until tomorrow morning to really figure it out I suppose.

Yep. I can envision this narrow mesoscale band developing for sure like you said. I'm pretty impressed by BUFKIT. If you look at the theta-e plots on the overview..actually some folding of those surfaces which means some instability and -EPV. Of course maybe the GFS is overdoing it..but all models sort of have that look.

Well hopefully the 00z runs continue this. Still have until tomorrow morning to really figure it out I suppose.

Agreed with that. If you look at the elevated CAPE plots you can see it there as well on the NAM. Haven't looked at 18z GFS soundings yet. 

Tomorrow looks about 5-7 degrees cooler than today and with clouds increasing should limit any more damage to sun exposed areas. Then we add a few inches Tomorriw night which should actually be wet snow for once and it comes in at night so will stick quickly to rds. Mobday morning could be slick

Mobday sounds deadly, FYI lots of houses in the woods with deep deep snow on the roofs, pictures tomorrow afternoon as promised. Sun houses cleaner than your dome after it's polished.

Yeah actually not bad...maybe that will come back to life in the subsequent days.

As you know, given the bias of not properly phasing streams in the long range, and often too aggressive with the PJ, maybe it does have a chance.  It's a mega-hit if that's the case.  lol

Yeah I can sense the growing anger.

The only anger from me is the town going back to the old days and dumping sand on the streets instead of straight salt. Ever since they ran out and went way over budget last week they've come around the last 3 mornings dumping horrific red sand all over everything. Did you have a map total on air?

Archived