EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Pattern reload cold and snow discussion last week of February

Ginx snewx

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of dim sun, but turning cloudy. Either way could be an awfully boring week. Epicosity.

Cold and boring sucks late season because you can hear the clock ticking wrt snow chances.

I will be pissed if we waste a week of cold and then get a modeled coastal storm moving into a rotting air mass.

Hopefully cold hangs on well into March.

For the first time in awhile we are starting to see some complaining. It's not going to snow everyday like we had the last few weeks, we've got snow coming Wed and again next Saturday ,, please don't make this place like it was in January

Hoping it doesn't turn into a boring week does not equal complaining. Not everything has to be fairy tales and dendrites.

lol @ folks hanging onto winter and "cold".

Five days until Spring.

Disappointing winter, but they can't all be epic.  After this initial colder stretch, really looks like a more zonal and moderate pattern.  Maybe a couple crappy snow chances, but by-in-large it's "ovah".

Five days until Spring.

Disappointing winter, but they can't all be epic. After this initial colder stretch, really looks like a more zonal and moderate pattern. Maybe a couple crappy snow chances, but by-in-large it's "ovah".

You will be the first person posting your accums and snowpack depth after a few snows which still looks very possible over next cpl weeks

Five days until Spring.

Disappointing winter, but they can't all be epic. After this initial colder stretch, really looks like a more zonal and moderate pattern. Maybe a couple crappy snow chances, but by-in-large it's "ovah".

well in that case it will just turn out to be a cold winter with a few nice weeks in feb and slightly above avg snow for the nw half of sne and possibly less than that for northern folk. if your prediction pans out that word epicosity and that other word leon will not mean a thing for a lot of folk here, in fact i think those words are best saved for the nyc metro area and a few places in se sne as it stands now....we will see

For the first time in awhile we are starting to see some complaining. It's not going to snow everyday like we had the last few weeks, we've got snow coming Wed and again next Saturday ,, please don't make this place like it was in January

It's just running commentary...unicorns slapping high-fives with their horns in fantasy land gets old too. When it's epic it's epic, and when it's not, well it's not. Everything will be ok in the end.

Tippy has been banging the boring & dry for a little while now as long as we have such tightly packed thicknesses and a screaming fast flow. Makes sense, but it's just a week...looks like activity starts up around March 1st again.

At least the snow won't be melting this week, that's for sure.

It's just running commentary...unicorns slapping high-fives with their horns in fantasy land gets old too. When it's epic it's epic, and when it's not, well it's not. Everything will be ok in the end.

Tippy has been banging the boring & dry for a little while now as long as we have such tightly packed thicknesses and a screaming fast flow. Makes sense, but it's just a week...looks like activity starts up around March 1st again.

At least the snow won't be melting this week, that's for sure.

odd, might have to bump your posts from this week calling for the seasonal pattern of big sne snows to continue, weenies on the bus go round and round round and round

odd, might have to bump your posts from this week calling for the seasonal pattern of big sne snows to continue, weenies on the bus go round and round round and round

Yeah, maybe I was wrong.  I got no issue saying I'm wrong if I'm wrong, lol.

Ginxy...best time of year is coming.  I know your touting the early spring and you are right...tomorrow will be back to wearing the facemask with sub-zero temps at the summit.  Wind chills to -30F. 

But right now, enjoy the awesome weather...temps around freezing, bluebird skies, the smell of pine heating up in the strengthening sun angle.  Darn near perfect day for outdoor recreation.

well in that case it will just turn out to be a cold winter with a few nice weeks in feb and slightly above avg snow for the nw half of sne and possibly less than that for northern folk. if your prediction pans out that word epicosity and that other word leon will not mean a thing for a lot of folk here, in fact i think those words are best saved for the nyc metro area and a few places in se sne as it stands now....we will see

Agree.  It'll snow again and get cold, but as far as the winter goes, it's over...and was far from epic for most.

Agree.  It'll snow again and get cold, but as far as the winter goes, it's over...and was far from epic for most.

I would've paid money to live where you were this winter.  Didn't you have like 3 feet on the ground a few days ago?

Most of you know I'm not billing this as anywhere near epic up here, but from like Philly to Boston I think most of those snow lovers would take this winter again in a heart-beat.  It was a pretty strong winter too for parts of central New England, especially towards the coast. 

I think most of the coastal dwellers or even everyone within 100 miles of the coastline had an above to well above normal snowfall winter with some serious bouts of cold.

I would've paid money to live where you were this winter.  Didn't you have like 3 feet on the ground a few days ago?

Epic winters don't melt two feet in three days immediately after it falls.  It's not like this is TAN or GON or something...that's more common of a typical, average winter.

Archived