• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
02/18/14 Snow Event OBS, Countdown to further snowfall records.

WeatherFox

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

City looks to catch the northern edge of the mega heavy band down south in the next 30 minutes but only or s hort while as band is oriented ENE. after that there is  band in WPA heading west BUT by tha ttime we will have likely torched. NWS reduction in accumilations was spot on : locally we will do 1-2 inches at best IMHO

Snowing moderately here in Woodside.

South shores Queens,Brooklyn, and LI are above freezing, with light SE winds:

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/gmap.php?zoom=7&extents=37.422526,-79.650879,42.472097,-70.532227&density=1

If it is above freezing its close. Sticking nicely. Man coastal Monmouth is having one hell of a winter. Usually the least snowy place in the NYC metro and just killing it

Was at PARX all day yesterday until 1 am, so I missed all the tracking fun. Got 2" of new snow here in Metuchen and judging by the radar, the snow is about done. 29F right now, so definitely colder than expected - roads are all snow-covered and slippery. 2" brings me to 60" on the season - nice!

If it is above freezing its close. Sticking nicely. Man coastal Monmouth is having one hell of a winter. Usually the least snowy place in the NYC metro and just killing it

If you go back through the last several winters they have gotten consistently slammed in at least interior Monmouth.. check out my signature for Holmdel.

If you go back through the last several winters they have gotten consistently slammed in at least interior Monmouth.. check out my signature for Holmdel.

For sure most notably feb 5-6 10. So their ten year average is sick. Long term it's gotta be the least snowy place within 40 miles of NYC

Light snow here now

Temps are now 33-34 out to Central LI south shore. So you can still accumulate. Back edge of steady is snow is now moving over NYC. Rain/snow line is over Southern Monmouth, according to Dual pol.

Is this one of the greatest 30 day snow periods of all time from January 20 till now? I know 2010-2011 takes the cake but this has to be close. We've picked up around 2" with this one, and I've lost count of how many of these little events we've had this winter. 

The warm up coming up is puny compared to past warm ups around this time though I do expect highs to rise higher than forecast so probably 2-3 days of low to mid 50s, but I'm interested to see how much snow we lose, will we see a lot of dense fog/freezing fog at night, how well can we radiate at night with the snow pack despite warm temperatures aloft, and what will Friday bring? (strong winds, severe weather, heavy rain, flooding). 

Archived