joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 15 clipper/redeveloper

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a good band is going to form from this, surprises in that zone it seems, Nam banding site indicated this and radar indicates its west of the Nams products

The models all had the banding devloping way offshore so the stuff you are seeing is just loosy goosy fronto stuff. This was modeled.

Uncle came in even stronger vs 0z. 7pm tonight image and 6 hour qpf. Obviously the next 6 hours are huge and we can't see that but it certainly can be inferred from this one.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

This is really insanity.  IMO the HRRR stunk and now the RGEM. (I think the HRRR was keeping the worst offshore like the RGEM and it's snowfall products are anemic)

Yet there are no discernible clues yet to what is going on.   OceanSTWx posted that great link indicating the PWATs were really low off the coast to our south which gives credence to a real struggle to develop a unified shield to the west of the main band.

I'm really torn.

For some reason my page wasn't updating, the later HRRR's are fine and in line with all the heavier solutions.  Was just coming off my ipad.

It was in response to your post, but more directed at the toaster bath comments about one run of the rgem.

Yeah I'm just having fun. I mean up until a fe minutes ago cmc was all we had so it was suddenly anointed. Now uk comes in and everyone quickly forgets. But RGEM can be useful. We'll see if it is sniffing something no one else saw this time.

This is really insanity.  IMO the HRRR stunk and now the RGEM. (I think the HRRR was keeping the worst offshore like the RGEM and it's snowfall products are anemic)

Yet there are no discernible clues yet to what is going on.   OceanSTWx posted that great link indicating the PWATs were really low off the coast to our south which gives credence to a real struggle to develop a unified shield to the west of the main band.

I'm really torn.

Heh, filling in over the MA just fine

Yeah I'm just having fun. I mean up until a fe minutes ago cmc was all we had so it was suddenly anointed. Now uk comes in and everyone quickly forgets. But RGEM can be useful. We'll see if it is sniffing something no one else saw this time.

I agree, but it is typically used to guage consensus, not as a verbatim solution.

I'm really torn.

For some reason my page wasn't updating, the later HRRR's are fine and in line with all the heavier solutions.  Was just coming off my ipad.

Confirms what Jason up in AK posted yesterday (with the link to satellite loop of PWAT across the Atlantic). Last storm really scoured it out.

Uncle and euro on one side and cmc on another. Kind of like the Seahawks playing the Giants this year. But on any Sunday.....

I'm pretty confident of a major storm imby and a huge one for messenger who will be near the jack IMHO.

Having the two powerhouse models (GFS/Euro) showing a better solution than the others is always encouraging.

If we think about it in reverse, how would we all feel if the dregs had a good hit but the powerhouses said no? We'd all probaly be pretty pessimistic.

But like you said, every dog (or dreg) has its day. The RGEM is actually not a bad model, which is why it somewhat bothered me of its solution...but seeing the 12z Ukie come out is a bit reassuring that new 12z data wasn't the reason for the RGEM's ugly depiction. the convection down near HSE was def closer to the GFS than the 06z NAM which was also somewhat encouraging....but that is just one variable. Sfc low is a bit west too and the water vapor loops looks like there is a pretty good surge northward....however, we really need to see what it looks like 6 hours from now...and none of us can see the future.

Archived