joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 15 clipper/redeveloper

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL.  I had to try that the other day.  Ended up needing a new router and had to run down to Staples in the snow Thursday for a new one.  Maybe they have a Staples nearby.  :)

GYX is showing the Whites picking up quite a bit, but nothing just below them.  Hopefully, we'll be able to pull down a few in Bartlett.  Since the snow is currently at the level of the picnic table, I guess if we miss out, it won't matter much.

What you're actually seeing there is the upslope snow on the backside of the system. Our storm total graphic must have gone that extra 6 hour period to pick that up.

Looking at it rgem is a toaster bath for many. It's an epic gradient. Don't hold me to these numbers as I'm guesstimating off crude maps but looks like it dropped all of ct to under 5mm, all of ma west or Worcester under 5. Ri would be in the 7-8mm range. Se ma 12-15mm. Cape cod more. Taunton maybe 6mm?

It looks like it backed off but now has the nam epic totals near ack

Looking at it rgem is a toaster bath for many. It's an epic gradient. Don't hold me to these numbers as I'm guesstimating off crude maps but looks like it dropped all of ct to under 5mm, all of ma west or Worcester under 5. Ri would be in the 7-8mm range. Se ma 12-15mm. Cape cod more. Taunton maybe 6mm?

It looks like it backed off but now has the nam epic totals near ack

It actually doesn't even get BOS to advisory snow...its a horrific run. Not sure I buy it though. RGEM has been pretty far east this whole storm.

Rgem track was dead on from last run. Looks kind or what the chat from ostatewx posted. West of the main event rgem struggles to develop moisture.

When the cumulative map is in my guess is it has more over the cape than last run, less well west about the same around Taunton etc. it's still not buying a significant hit very far west and is definitively dryer the first 12 hours west of main.

is the model being compromised by the lack of model data that nws referenced as one of the reasons that they could not run 12z models? does rgem use only their data?

It actually doesn't even get BOS to advisory snow...its a horrific run. Not sure I buy it though. RGEM has been pretty far east this whole storm.

It actually upped totals a lot on the cape. Prolific qpf with 58mm overnight just offshore. But west of about Quincy to east providence it cut everything.

Everyone loves the hrrr. IMO before it crashed it was a toaster bath too. Rap looked fine though.

Rgem was late to realize how much would fall over the cape but it's cut back in ct at 6 and now 12z confining precip to this mega band

Archived