joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13/2014 Major Coastal Storm Observations Part 2

Sickman

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here on the Rahway/Clark border in Union County we got 9.5" and 5 miles North in Earthlight land in Scotch Plains got 14".  Warm tongue punched in here early though got to see the heaviest hour of snow I've ever seen.  Easier to swallow since I nearly hit double digits but very close by got appreciable more snow.

Usually.  Not for nothing, but we've been doing a pretty good job of fighting it in our neck of the woods today.

We have not hit freezing today, although that last shower has us up to 31.8, which is the high for the day.  It's way too close to freezing to be worried about major ice accumulations, but there is a nice glaze out there.  Taken about 15 minutes ago:

attachicon.gif20140213Snowstorm-099s800.jpg

Wow pretty crazy.. we are 4 degrees warmer than you across the sound all aftn

Here on the Rahway/Clark border in Union County we got 9.5" and 5 miles North in Earthlight land in Scotch Plains got 14". Warm tongue punched in here early though got to see the heaviest hour of snow I've ever seen. Easier to swallow since I nearly hit double digits but very close by got appreciable more snow.

Yeah I stayed snow with that very heavy band while most of Middlesex county turned to sleet so I ended up with a foot..just been rain since then and now appears to be over

Absolutely right, but who wants a cement snowpack?

uhhh, me?   Would much rather have a cement snowpack than brown grass, plus, I'm hoping we still top it off tonight with a few inches of fresh snow to make the whole world look a little nicer.  I also like having snow on the ground for extended periods - it just looks cool. 

Archived