joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13/2014 Major Coastal Storm Observations Part 2

Sickman

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The issue though is that the short term mesoscale models were wrong with where the frontogenesis would set up. I noted this a few hours ago because they were off already in VA/DC and that was a bad sign.

This will probably be the first real bust of the year for the HRRR as the banding it had over ABE was 25-50 miles east a few runs ago.

I still think a few inches will fall, but the 6+ amounts ain't happening unless you're in the interior.

What do you consider the interior?

That's a very good question and I'm not sure...was wondering the same...should be close call.

Its more the other way around.  Latent heat release from zr may turn it to plain rain without a good source of cold air.  It is 31 with freezing rain here now and it is definitely accreting on the trees, but probably not all of it.  My driveway which I finished clearing about an hour ago is a skating rink now.

Its more the other way around.  Latent heat release from zr may turn it to plain rain without a good source of cold air.  It is 31 with freezing rain here now and it is definitely accreting on the trees, but probably not all of it.  My driveway which I finished clearing about an hour ago is a skating rink now.

Ed your insights are always excellent...

Archived