joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13/2014 Major Coastal Storm Observations Part 2

Sickman

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the radar you can see some dry air right on the NJ coast , it didn't make the jog fast enough . So when I say meaningful accumulation   In my mind gone are the bigger numbers

I wouldn't mind getting the bigger amounts but tbh my civilized head is hoping they stay to the NW where theres more rural areas. Theres absolutely no where to put the snow here and cars are going to be stranded in their parking spots for the coming days. If we got another 8-12" it would be an utter disaster lol

For everyone freaking out -

Best lift wont occur until the storm pulls away. According to what I've been looking at, it look no different than what the models are progging. I'd take a compromise and say WNPA, CNNJ, NNJ, and points east get hit. 

The storm hasn't even pivoted over us yet, calm down.  :)

This is what my one concern was regarding the track of the mid level centers..the 850mb low is too far west to get precipitation to change to snow right now and the warm layer is nested near there still. 

attachicon.gif850mb.gif

Once we get the 850mb low to be east of our longitude, we'll get some nice snows, but I think our window for nice snows may only be around a few hours at most. But we can still pile up pretty quickly in a 4-hour period...look at the DC region right now. 

It always does... the 700 mb best lift isn't anywhere near us yet lol... The best lift is supposed to be when the 700mb low is over us and then when it passes us. Its still over EVA.... everyone is freaking out for nothing lol.

I guess I can only say so many times that we have to watch what's over eastern VA and the initial slug of moisture will be rain or sleet because of the warm layer above. What's over eastern VA will hopefully make for a nice few hours for most, and by then 850s will be plenty cold.

This is why everyone needs to CALM DOWN. Sheesh... the process is taking place. People think that everything is supposed to happen in an instant. Its been raining for less than an hour and the CCB is a bust lol? Not even 9pm yet.

My point was , that the bigger numbers were gone for me at NYC , I  wasn`t sure if I could take the8 to 10 off table  because I didn't buy the 22z HRRR.  You can see at 850 - its so far west there`s dry air into SNJ

So for me ,I think we snow , but NOT  to the extent I thought at 6 pm .  It`s not about the pivot if the center gets too far N .  just MO

NWS Upton Twitter acct says ' Chg over to snow a lil later now 11p -12a' so relax & hold your horses. If we get to 2-4 hrs at 2 in an hr you do the math! stop complaining for Gosh's sake we got 7-15 in 1st rd , slotted to get more tonight and another storm tomorrow & we r over 50 inches for season. some calm would do all good.

Archived