joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Big One - Observation

JoshM

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huge flakes here now, heavy snow in northern Davidson county (15 mi south of Winston-Salem NC)!

Get ready SuperJames...it's heading your way !!

Rates are starting to pick up here.  It's starting to remind me of the rates we got yesterday afternoon (though not quite there yet).  Flake size is increasing.

Well went from huge snowflakes about the size of half dollars or bigger to rain and now back to a snow rain mix. What a wild wild storm. Final measurement of all snow is somewhere around 8 inches with one inch of ice. Got 3.25 inches of snow this morning. Very impressive. 

Ugh.  That's a sucky way to end a snowstorm.  Rain.  :axe:

Very nice. :)  I had to have been darn close to that heaviest band if that's the case.  Woke up at 7:30 so I'm not sure exactly when it started, but it looks like that additional 3" occurred.  I measured the snow from yesterday, and it was around 3.5, maybe 4 inches (Can't be too sure so it's likely the 3.5) before the sleet transition around 3pm.  Guarantee that you and I would've seen a whole foot; maybe 2" more had it not been for the sleet.

Yep that lack of snow growth just killed us. Had it been there this would have easily been a foot and a half. 

Still a constant light snow flurry just East of GSO. Expecting/Hoping it picks up here in the next half hour or so!

Its coming. You will catch the east pivot but it will also be pulling out to the north within the next couple of hours. (Unless the radar keeps filling in)

Been snowing heavy here in kernersville for hours. At least 3-4 new inches today.

Its coming. You will catch the east pivot but it will also be pulling out to the north within the next couple of hours. (Unless the radar keeps filling in)

Been snowing heavy here in kernersville for hours. At least 3-4 new inches today.

Wow, big difference between there and here.  Then again, as it pivots slowly to the east, we may get several hours of heavy rates to catch up.  It's looking good now.  We probably have 0.5"-1" so far, but I really don't know.  I haven't measured.

17 inches still snowing! :snowwindow:

:lmao:  Wow, nice!

hey James you seeing this radar.  That counterclockwise swing dwon through Statesville and W-S looks like it could just hammer us.  Moderate snow now under light returns.  I wonder if we could squeeze 3-4 out of this thing, that would be awesome.

Yeah, this is what the HRRR was showing last night.

500 mb low should pound the Triad.

(Time sensitive)

500mb.gif?1392315129871

Good rates now in Randolph county. Too bad it's so warm. Looks like a little less than an inch of new accumulation.

Speak for yourself. Over my way on HWY 49 S near Farmer I have half dollar size flakes coming down and already have 1 1/2 " of new snow today. I just measured and am sitting at just under 10" so far. :snowing:

Archived