joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear ya man. Big bust on totals around mby, but just to my east it was spot on.

Got 3" total (2 snow and 1 sleet).

Melting in on full force but roads are still bad.

Got about 3.5" out of our 8-15" aggregate forecasts. Was 34 degrees by daybreak and most all is gone. Goes down as 2nd biggest bust since the 90's. Not #1 because we actually got some snow.
Bring on spring!!!

I have light to moderate snow, probably have 0.5" of snow from today, still going to go on for another couple of hours like this, might eek out an inch.  They heavier returns were definitely NW of here, we are getting the scraps.  To be honest I am really looking forward to next week of temps in the 60's.  I don't know how people in the NE do this, I would be very depressed living up there, I like watching a potential event come in, like watching it snow then the next day I am ready to be rid of it.  Tomorrow we should get to 40's, with some sun this will melt fast.

I wish it would snow every day. And now, we have real flakes again. :)

This storm was exactly what the doctor ordered.  I only wish I didn't have to work so much and had more time to enjoy it but when you work in a traffic management center and the snow hits like it did yesterday, you have to work.  It has been cool to see it snow during daytime hours but.....now I agree w/ pack, I'm ready for spring!

It's snowing like crazy here now. Not a bust at all. And there are bands that are 2 inches per hour, so 2 to 5 inches could be possible if this keeps up for a few hours.

This has been an awesome storm. Told y'all to stay positive.

Wishcasting doesn't work all the time. :) You win this round. We are still 5-1 for the winter.

Damn somebody got 0.

Yeah those really low numbers are shocking and what caught my attention the quickest. I said earlier i would be angry if the forecast was for up to a foot and only got 4. but if the forecast was for 8 to 12 and I got 0, every body better watch out and get the hell away from me for a few days...or weeks lol To say I would be angry is an understatement as big as that bust.I feel bad for anyone that is a weather geek living there  getting  screwed that horribly.

What is especially bad is that area appeared to have the best chance of staying all snow  in south carolina since that  area was supposed to be the coldest place in the upstate aloft. Just go back and look at the nam/gfs 850mb temps over the extreme northwest part of the upstate over on twister.  It really blows my mind totals were that low.

So I don't blame gsp or any forecaster for it because quite frankly the models never showed such low totals, have plenty of cold air with any changeover/mixing not happening until later vs everyone else.

Damn somebody got 0.

You!

The funny thing about the 0 and the other small 1-3 reports on that map , are where the models were showing those crazy 8-18 inches! The reason the higher totals are south is because the pre storm overrunning was the heaviest down there while it was still was snow. It took awhile to get heavy up my way , then changed to sleet!

Yeah those really low numbers are shocking and what caught my attention the quickest. I said earlier i would be angry if the forecast was for up to a foot and only got 4. but if the forecast was for 8 to 12 and I got 0, every body better watch out and get the hell away from me for a few days...or weeks lol To say I would be angry is an understatement as big as that bust.I feel bad for anyone that is a weather geek living there  getting  screwed that horribly.

What is especially bad is that area appeared to have the best chance of staying all snow  in south carolina since that  area was supposed to be the coldest place in the upstate aloft. Just go back and look at the nam/gfs 850mb temps over the extreme northwest part of the upstate over on twister.  It really blows my mind totals were that low.

So I don't blame gsp or any forecaster for it because quite frankly the models never showed such low totals, have plenty of cold air with any changeover/mixing not happening until later vs everyone else.

I wasn't the 0, but I'm maybe 10 miles from there! It hurts with what the models were showing! The bonus snow of 4 inches on Tuesday , was probably the only reason I didn't snap! It snowed ALL day Tuesday from 5 am til 4 pm non stop of varying intensities and huge flakes most of the time! Only bad part, temp was 36

Archived