joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Freezing rain in Apex, accumulating quickly now on the trees. Hope it changes to snow soon or we could have trouble.

I guess the ice on my DirecTV dish crossed the threshold, as I've now got the dreaded lost signal error message. And the danged thing is on the roof, so I have no way to clear it off. No Olympics for me until this stuff melts. First time I've lost the signal in years. 

Freezing rain in Apex, accumulating quickly now on the trees. Hope it changes to snow soon or we could have trouble.

I guess the ice on my DirecTV dish crossed the threshold, as I've now got the dreaded lost signal error message. And the danged thing is on the roof, so I have no way to clear it off. No Olympics for me until this stuff melts. First time I've lost the signal in years. 

Find a non-frozen garden hose, hook it either to the faucet in a laundry sink (which may have a threaded connection for a hose) or directly to the drain on the hot water heater (the one you are supposed to empty once a year to clear sediment out).  Turn hot water on and spray at DirecTV dish cascading it in a shower of above freezing water.  

********** I take no responsibility for any damage this may inflict on your house or property (but it is the method I will use when my dish hits that point).  I guess you could acquire some ice melt and try to throw it up on the dish - would be much slower in melting the ice.

This storm was a piece of garbage for most of the northern upstate. 4" of crap under 3" of sleet.

Effing warm layers. Bollocks.

Hey midlands SC - stop it. You aren't supposed to get more snow than us. It's happened too often in the last 8 years. Cut the sh*t and give it back.

Maybe winter will be normal in another decade.

Yes, it's snowing here. Snowfall rates have been kind of mediocre so far, but it looks like the heavier stuff is moving in and it is starting to pivot. Hopefully, the ULL track can deliver the goods.

RAH said it would be very bandy, we have to luck out and get under a good snow band.

This storm was a piece of garbage for most of the northern upstate. 4" of crap under 3" of sleet.

Effing warm layers. Bollocks.

Hey midlands SC - stop it. You aren't supposed to get more snow than us. It's happened too often in the last 8 years. Cut the sh*t and give it back.

Maybe winter will be normal in another decade.

:violin:

Archived