joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What did you end up with?  You looked good for 6-8" pre storm.

All the areas GSP had good for 10"-12" received the lowest amounts. The Southern upstate and midlands once again got the better end, even though they were progged to be the opposite.

I think we have close to 4" but it's so compacted from the sleet that lasted for friggin' ever. Nobody is kidding anyone if they say expecting 12" and getting slop is just dandy. They are liars. Sun is out now and it's melting fast.

321's an ABSOLUTE DISASTER!  Decided to take the bike this time (Crazy, I know haha but I was being VERY careful, plus I swapped my tires to handle the ice) and rode toward uptown.  I don't think I've ever seen so many ambulances, firetrucks, and cop cars out on the road like this before.  Not to mention seeing a lot of people walking up the road to a gas station or some random store.  I've came across 12 vehicles abandoned by people due to either getting stuck in the snow/ice and thus cannot leave from their location or have ran off the road and into either a ditch or something else.  One Dodge pickup truck in particular nearly spun out and slammed into a power pole! 

People, if you don't have to be out...STAY AT HOME!  Road conditions are TWICE as bad as they were yesterday with nothing but a full thick sheet of ice and snow convering most of the road! 

All the areas GSP had good for 10"-12" received the lowest amounts. The Southern upstate and midlands once again got the better end, even though they were progged to be the opposite.

I think we have close to 4" but it's so compacted from the sleet that lasted for friggin' ever. Nobody is kidding anyone if they say expecting 12" and getting slop is just dandy. They are liars. Sun is out now and it's melting fast.

Yeah that blows, we were not supposed to get much 1-3" with some ice and we ended up with 4-6" across the area with still a lot of ice, and today we look reasonable for another 1-2".  I would have been pissed expecting 10-12" and get 4".

Yeah that blows, we were not supposed to get much 1-3" with some ice and we ended up with 4-6" across the area with still a lot of ice, and today we look reasonable for another 1-2".  I would have been pissed expecting 10-12" and get 4".

Man, seriously - good for you pack. You've waited a long a** time.

The best thing about it all...jshetley is STILL wrong :)

RAH just updated...

* ACCUMULATIONS...ADDITIONAL SNOW ACCUMULATION WILL RANGE FROM 1
TO 3 INCHES IN THE SOUTHERN PIEDMONT...AND 2 TO 5 INCHES IN
THE NORTHEAST PIEDMONT...INCLUDING THE TRIANGLE AREA. AN
ADDITIONAL LIGHT GLAZE OF LESS THAN A TENTH OF AN INCH OF
FREEZING RAIN WILL ALSO BE POSSIBLE BEFORE THE CHANGEOVER
OCCURS.

Archived