joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bold call from RAH for those totals. I'd be surprised if we get 1/2" out of this. It's too light, too spotty, and too warm to result in any real accumulations.

It's having a hell of a hard time accumulating here.  My shoveled sidewalk is still just wet and if I'm being generous there's 1/2" on the rail of my deck.  It isn't even really accumulating on the snow pack because it is so wet.  35 degrees and rising imby.

I have no idea how kvegas has gotten 3-4 already today.  Must have had much better luck with banding and be in a cool spot or something.  He can't be more than 10 miles away from me.

Man, seriously - good for you pack. You've waited a long a** time.

The best thing about it all...jshetley is STILL wrong :)

Haha! Yeah, this was a fairly big bust by the models and many forecasters. There was a lot of questioning forecasters who were going low, but this wasn't a clean Miller A system, and I guess you have to use a lot of experience when building a forecast and sometimes go against what the models were showing. I thought you guys out there were going to get pounded. There are just so many things that can screw up a good snowstorm, and multiple ones came into effect here.

Anyway, I'd rate this as an overperformer here and one of the best winter storms this area has had in a long time. That's a sad statement in and of itself.

Lots of nothing to the southwest of the Triangle. I think this is going to be a bust, folks.

Well 1 for 2 ain't bad.  I think we get 1" of snow today, the radar is so spotty and I don't see any slow megabands that CLT got.  Still radar has nothing over me but it's snowing.  Heavy band incoming should give me a 20 min burst of heavy snow.

Yes, regarding the large system; definitely not a clean Miller A aka Big Dog. The low did not phase and bomb out. Still it was close though. At least we had a wedge in place - could have been colder and more persistent - but it was there. And surface low pressure such that it was did go from GoM to Atlantic in roughly the right location. A good snow for central NC and much of the Southeast. Could have been much bigger though.

Guest Harv311

Yes, regarding the large system; definitely not a clean Miller A aka Big Dog. The low did not phase and bomb out. Still it was close though. At least we had a wedge in place - could have been colder and more persistent - but it was there. And surface low pressure such that it was did go from GoM to Atlantic in roughly the right location. A good snow for central NC and much of the Southeast. Could have been much bigger though.

I don't know in kvegas but in winston its really snowing

Well, might eek out another 1/16 of an inch, but this one's about over. Still snowing but as light as you can possibly imagine.

I have light to moderate snow, probably have 0.5" of snow from today, still going to go on for another couple of hours like this, might eek out an inch.  They heavier returns were definitely NW of here, we are getting the scraps.  To be honest I am really looking forward to next week of temps in the 60's.  I don't know how people in the NE do this, I would be very depressed living up there, I like watching a potential event come in, like watching it snow then the next day I am ready to be rid of it.  Tomorrow we should get to 40's, with some sun this will melt fast.

Archived