12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 12-13 Sleet/Snow/ZR Event

JoshM

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GSP snow map???? Do they have a crystal ball that we haven't seen yet. I would think after seeing all of the other models for the last 24 hrs, we should be seeing way more than 0.9 inches of snow.

It's nearly 3 days out... it's significant enough that they posted a snow map at this stage.  They just want to make everyone aware that there's a likely change of winter precip.  They will adjust many times as the models converge.

48 hour total precip, at hour 96. Not a great outcome but a great trend:http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/NCOMAGWEB/appcontroller/data/gfs/18/gfs_namer_096_precip_p48.gif

You slide that entire precip field north 100 miles and it's laid out just like the nam from TN to OBX. I have to say I'm loving where MBY stands at right now. I'd say 4-12 is a good bet and really the pendellum is way closer to the 12 as opposed to the 4.

It's nearly 3 days out... it's significant enough that they posted a snow map at this stage.  They just want to make everyone aware that there's a likely change of winter precip.  They will adjust many times as the models converge.

I agree with you in principle.

What I don’t understand are the mesoscale maxima’s and minima’s they have on the map 3 days out? The drew it as though they were watching the radar as the event was unfolding.

48 hour total precip, at hour 96. Not a great outcome but a great trend:http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/NCOMAGWEB/appcontroller/data/gfs/18/gfs_namer_096_precip_p48.gif

That's still a nice little winter storm for the areas that remain frozen, particularly by the standard set by the recent crappy winters.

Why is the GFS so bad here, assuming it is wrong? Most other models show a significant winter storm, and it has been showing virtually nothing. I'm seriously asking. Is there something about this particular pattern that confounds that model?

And I agree, who cares what DT thinks. He's fun to read, but he's wrong. A. Lot. He's probably looking at last year's ensemble.

What I don’t understand are the mesoscale maxima’s and minima’s they have on the map 3 days out? The drew it as though they were watching the radar as the event was unfolding.

Hmm.. well I guess that is a good question.  :wacko:

Where can you fine the GSP snow maps for 3 days out?

You slide that entire precip field north 100 miles and it's laid out just like the nam from TN to OBX. I have to say I'm loving where MBY stands at right now. I'd say 4-12 is a good bet and really the pendellum is way closer to the 12 as opposed to the 4.

Maybe this is the model that will have the famous/infamous NW trend.

Something I don't understand about DT report on the NAM forecast.3hrs ago  the storm was showing 8-12 for NC .DT even said Charlotte to Greensboro coulg get 10 in. Now ONE hour later and the model says rain to snow east of Blue Ridge all of NC VA even up the coast. Ipray it was just a bad model run .

Something I don't understand about DT report on the NAM forecast.3hrs ago  the storm was showing 8-12 for NC .DT even said Charlotte to Greensboro coulg get 10 in. Now ONE hour later and the model says rain to snow east of Blue Ridge all of NC VA even up the coast. Ipray it was just a bad model run .

it's not rain ...don't know what he's talking about

Ok if you need ,100 miles north frosty needs 150 mile shift!!! Lol all models keep the heaviest to my south. need a slight jog north. I hope everyone can get in on some good accumulation.

The DT situation looks like someone who is just seething that NC could cash out while the mid-Atlantic on north wouldn't get too much.  We'll see.

Hmm... he can sometimes show that side.  The MA folks are definitely wishing on the Euro right now.

If I hadn't seen the other models, that would still be a good hit! It's still playing catch up tho. Take a blend of it and the NAM, you have the likely outcome!

Shift it up about 50 miles and quadruple the qpf and you'd have the NAM !

Archived