e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Feb 12-13 Sleet/Snow/ZR Event

JoshM

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks cold enough in the northwestern Piedmont and northern foothills for snow at the start with that second event.  If that's even real.  I'm not sure if it's believable considering how big of a change this is from prior runs.

EDIT: Over to IP/ZR by hr 99, though the northern foothills appear to be snow.  QPF is rather light.  2m temperatures are <0C from roughly Raleigh to Augusta.

I'm tempted to toss this run just based on it being so different from past runs, but we'll see what the other modeling suggests.

Well some weak HP does wrap around it and pull the 850 line back in to W NC... hmm.  GFS still quite confused with the development of the low pressure.  There's a lot of pockets of energy moving through rather quickly.  It all depends on which pieces amplify and phase with each other.

High slides away.. it's ice to rain.  I'd much rather have the initial wave be juiced up and pull energy away from the southern s/w.

Yeah, that was the only reason this was going to be a storm at all. Otherwise, it was just going to be dry CAD followed by rain. That's been the story for days. But everyone kept getting excited about that 2nd s/w. Well, now y'all got it, and it means light snow/sleet followed by rain. Happy?

Archived