joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monday Mauler or Monday Bawler? part II

DDweatherman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. Lots of people are being overly pessimistic. If this was before 3/6 and 12/10 everyone would be calling for 2-4 or 3-6.

Not sure I get your point. We use those events as we have learned from past experiences. If those events had not occurred, yeah, we may be more optimistic, but that would just be out of ignorance. ;)

One difference is this is early Feb and not March ((3/6), and the rates are expected to be heavier than both 12/10 and 3/6. Nonetheless, rates were supposed to save us in 3/6 but the heavy rates just never materialized. :(

Agreed. Lots of people are being overly pessimistic. If this was before 3/6 and 12/10 everyone would be calling for 2-4 or 3-6.

I don't agree with that statement.

The temperature profiles don't agree with that statement.

This has come up and I believe most have put it to sleep.

The data doesn't support that mind set.

Listen, Ive said it before, I will again. If you live DC-South, you probably wont be happy with the outcome of this storm unless you like a short period of white rain that may coat the ground or provide an inch.Baltimore into Southern PA is game for a wide range of 2-8 inches south to north.Thats the bottom line here.

Listen, Ive said it before, I will again. If you live DC-South, you probably wont be happy with the outcome of this storm unless you like a short period of white rain that may coat the ground or provide an inch.Baltimore into Southern PA is game for a wide range of 2-8 inches south to north.Thats the bottom line here.

Thanks for letting us know... I was worried Baltimore would get all rain... I should just not look at the models at all anymore

Well..isn't that pessimistic.

Unfortunately, yes.

Just going with the data supplied by the models.

The trend (and I emphasize "the trend") has gone form light qpf and cold to high qpf and warm. Not one model, but a majority. The usual NW areas will do best (as usual) and the SE areas will do worst (as usual).

I wish it was a rosier outlook.

yaknow, inside the beltway, in the city, we've got a real shot at a lot of rain, yes. or white rain. non-accumulating snow. That's exactly how that mostly played out 12/10.

Funny... I got 5 inches from the March mess when DC got basically nothing... I am not inside the beltway or the city... but thanks though. I appreciate you guys letting us know we will get nothing

Funny... I got 5 inches from the March mess when DC got basically nothing... I am not inside the beltway or the city... but thanks though. I appreciate you guys letting us know we will get nothing

I didn't say you would get nothing. For all I know you will get half a foot. Pretty sure anyone outside 495 and 695 to the north or west will do pretty damn ok. if that's springfield, Congrats!

I understand why those inside the beltways and low elevations aren't all that giddy about a marginal storm in which the 850 line may hover right over them at the height of the storm. They've been burned way too many times.

On the 21z SREF, 3 members in particular look to be skewing SREF temps (show mid 40s for the start).  A lot of members are clustered in the low 30s for the timeframe we care about.  I've only looked to SREFs for trends especially on QPF but never on temps.  I probably shouldn't even bother looking but I like to overanalyze.  

I understand why those inside the beltways and low elevations aren't all that giddy about a marginal storm in which the 850 line may hover right over them at the height of the storm. They've been burned way too many times.

I know that... its certain MD posters who think that its over for DC south and Balt is the place to be... I didn't know it was Monday morning yet

I know that... its certain MD posters who think that its over for DC south and Balt is the place to be... I didn't know it was Monday morning yet

My point was, Balt is NOT the place to be in this set-up if you are inside 695. It just isn't. Same issues here as plague DC inside 495. I have no idea why people think we score up here in this kind of set-up. Cantore standing by the inner harbor on Dec. 10 as a drizzle fell was painfully lol. 

I understand why those inside the beltways and low elevations aren't all that giddy about a marginal storm in which the 850 line may be right over them at the height of the storm. They've been burned way too many times.

Yeah.  I've still got a bad taste in my mouth from the March 6th storm.  I was excited for the whole area.  I got 5", but since the storm didn't play out the way I (and the rest of the meteorological community, apparently) thought it would have, I was disappointed.  (Yes...I know...It's weird).  Now, that I know of the marginal situation here, I'm getting a bit excited.  

Archived