joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monday Mauler or Monday Bawler? part II

DDweatherman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's going to be a lot easier to know once we get a couple model cycles in a row that are similar. Lots of change still happening.

Usually on Feb 3 you'd think that heavy precip and 850's under would be a good bet for snow, but now the 850 is flirting with us as well. Maybe, for once, the Euro will make us feel better.

The Euro NEVER makes us feel better.  It will be even warmer and probably wetter.

I'm in this forum.. look at the area. :) seasonal trend has been north over and over. Not sure why I'd be banned for posting the obvious. Nice event..If it was Sunday I'd look at going to N Md or S central PA.

Sent from my SM-N900P

NOOOOOOO, not you Huff

White Mtn. Wx

he just happened to re-post your quote so you got pulled into it

he's 1/2 way between PHL and Lancaster

12z GGEM for all of us who care is~ 20mm on the color maps at DCA

Close to reasonable consensus. Some big totals in Jan 2011 liquid wise but that was a great vort. This sys isn't as dynamic so someone might top 1" in the cold sector but doubtful widespread.

Close to reasonable consensus. Some big totals in Jan 2011 liquid wise but that was a great vort. This sys isn't as dynamic so someone might top 1" in the cold sector but doubtful widespread.

consistent .5 - .75 dca for a while now. Decent rates in a 6 hour window. Just gotta hope for the best and expect the worst. We're used to it. I might be 15 miles nw but i can get hosed very easily here too. Just happy there is an event in short leads. Tracking is always fun at short leads.

Gotcha. for comparison, Thursday models brought snow or sleet all the way down to i-40 in North Carolina. No reason to think that at 36 hours, it's going to stop that train. I'd love for you all to get smoked up there. I do feel a sense of loyalty to our forum and would rather we keep it in house.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Gotcha. for comparison, Thursday models brought snow or sleet all the way down to i-40 in North Carolina. No reason to think that at 36 hours, it's going to stop that train. I'd love for you all to get smoked up there. I do feel a sense of loyalty to our forum and would rather we keep it in house.

Sent from my SM-N900P

Lot of merit to this post. It hasn't stopped yet, that we've seen. Will the Euro and 18 keep it where it is?

I mentioned this earlier and I think it is a problem...

the midweek vort is bigger/stronger than the Sun/Mon one and it is backing the flow quicker, thereby not allowing the Sun/Monday vort to pass further to our south

you can see it if you look the 500mb maps; the top link is 12z and the botton link is 6z

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/model-guidance-model-parameter.php?group=Model%20Guidance&model=gfs&area=namer&cycle=20140201%2012%20UTC&param=500_vort_ht&fourpan=no&imageSize=M

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/model-guidance-model-parameter.php?group=Model%20Guidance&model=gfs&area=namer&cycle=20140201%2006%20UTC&param=500_vort_ht&fourpan=no&imageSize=M

Archived