northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
The New February Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stop with the crap. We have blowtorch 9 months a year. I want to squeeze every bit of life we have in this winter. Did you forget how much the past 3 years sucked?

I don't live and die by the weather like you do, so I will continue with my crap. F the snow, bring on spring.

Is there usually a fair amount of svr wx here? Last year the season was awful in SNE but it is SNE. As long as I get the massive torch I will be happy.

Decent. We do linear well but suck at discrete. Definitely better than SNE, but still nothing compared to west of the apps. Most areas get maybe 2-3 actual severe storms per year.

They've got to be having server issues as this shouldn't be a busy time of day and the serer won't even respond.

I was just messin around. Ewall has been slowing down all weekend. I noticed it yesteday and it has gotten progressively worse. Probably an easy fix but sunday then holiday may mean the IT folks are off until tomorrow.

Not sure where this belongs, but got an e-mail earlier today that a Fellow of the AMS and Director of the National Center for Atmospheric Research from 2008 to 2010 is the President - Elect of Penn State.

Welcome, Eric J. Barron, president-elect of Penn State

Today, Eric J. Barron was named the 18th President of Penn State and will assume responsibilities for the presidency on May 12, 2014. Dr. Barron has served as the president of Florida State University in Tallahassee since 2010, and has held several notable positions within government and higher education, including dean of Penn State’s College of Earth and Mineral Sciences from 2002 to 2006. Below is information related to his appointment by the Board of Trustees.

Knew Eric when I was up there. One of the nicest profs I had. Certainly has a resume that would be of interest to folks around here. Wonder if he and Wes ever crossed paths.

Not sure where this belongs, but got an e-mail earlier today that a Fellow of the AMS and Director of the National Center for Atmospheric Research from 2008 to 2010 is the President - Elect of Penn State.

Welcome, Eric J. Barron, president-elect of Penn State

Today, Eric J. Barron was named the 18th President of Penn State and will assume responsibilities for the presidency on May 12, 2014. Dr. Barron has served as the president of Florida State University in Tallahassee since 2010, and has held several notable positions within government and higher education, including dean of Penn State’s College of Earth and Mineral Sciences from 2002 to 2006. Below is information related to his appointment by the Board of Trustees.

Will they ever run out of room for stuff at national harbor?

http://www.wtop.com/41/3564778/Ferris-wheel-on-its-way-to-National-Harbor

I went there today for lunch after a meeting with a client. I noticed they are building another new apartment tower. The Ferris wheel is a pretty neat I think. I'm sure they had to jump through hoops with FAA though.

Wow. A miracle. They finally signed someone. Wasn't he the guy who got off to a tremendous start a couple years ago.

Yeah, he did it with the Rockies back in the 2010 campaign I believe. His numbers overall last year were not bad overall. His Post ASB numbers were astounding (1.80 ERA and 1.12 Whip). He's always been dependent upon his fastball control and has a wicked curveball and changeup. The key to Ubaldo will be his ability to locate the zone. His FB is high 90's when he's healthy and with movement. The O's had to do something, so I think this was a good risk to take. What's the worst that could happen? He stinks? Sometimes you have to gamble on people. If it pays off, you look pretty smart in doing so. 

On another note, I can't wait for baseball to start up. Smell of fresh cut grass and fantasy baseball on the way. Probably my 2nd favorite passion outside of weather

Yeah, he did it with the Rockies back in the 2010 campaign I believe. His numbers overall last year were not bad overall. His Post ASB numbers were astounding (1.80 ERA and 1.12 Whip). He's always been dependent upon his fastball control and has a wicked curveball and changeup. The key to Ubaldo will be his ability to locate the zone. His FB is high 90's when he's healthy and with movement. The O's had to do something, so I think this was a good risk to take. What's the worst that could happen? He stinks? Sometimes you have to gamble on people. If it pays off, you look pretty smart in doing so. 

On another note, I can't wait for baseball to start up. Smell of fresh cut grass and fantasy baseball on the way. Probably my 2nd favorite passion outside of weather

It's a move they had to make. Like you said what's the worst that could happen. His mechanics can be problematic, but his stuff is nasty. This gives the starting rotation some depth and allows Norris to move into the bullpen if necessary. Next move is to find a DH. I hear their in on Morales. Looking forward to baseball helps with the depression of winter ending.

It's a move they had to make. Like you said what's the worst that could happen. His mechanics can be problematic, but his stuff is nasty. This gives the starting rotation some depth and allows Norris to move into the bullpen if necessary. Next move is to find a DH. I hear their in on Morales. Looking forward to baseball helps with the depression of winter ending.

This would definitely be a great signing. He's a hitter capable of hitting around .300 and will provide some pop. He hit over 20 last year playing in Seattle and AL West confines. He could be a great bonus to have and even play 1B too to give Davis a breather if needed. Baseball needs to hurry up, although Mother nature keeps throwing her own curveballs at us it looks like into March. We shall see

This would definitely be a great signing. He's a hitter capable of hitting around .300 and will provide some pop. He hit over 20 last year playing in Seattle and AL West confines. He could be a great bonus to have and even play 1B too to give Davis a breather if needed. Baseball needs to hurry up, although Mother nature keeps throwing her own curveballs at us it looks like into March. We shall see

He would be a great addition but would require another first round draft pick. I cannot see the O's doing that after giving one up to sign Jimenez.

Yeah. This move means they hit their quota for the next 3 years. Now we go back to signing 36 year old journeyman middle infielders.

No joke, I just read an Espn insider column that said Duqette wants to sign Morales but Angeass won't sign off on the deal. I just wish he would either sell the team or die. Until he is out of the picture we will never be the Orioles of old.

No joke, I just read an Espn insider column that said Duqette wants to sign Morales but Angeass won't sign off on the deal. I just wish he would either sell the team or die. Until he is out of the picture we will never be the Orioles of old.

He will live to be 105 and the best will do is sniff the wildcard again for 20 more years. Your grand kids will graduate high school before we win the world series again.

I saw the same report. It wouldn't even take that much to sign him by today's standards, but the old man won't budge.

He will live to be 105 and the best will do is sniff the wildcard again for 20 more years. Your grand kids will graduate high school before we win the world series again.

The sad part is you are serious. It has been 30 years of hell since the joy of me running around screaming when we won the 83 World Series. If we don't win another ring before I die it will be painful.

Archived