amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
The New February Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did we go from having the Euro Op and ensembles in our corner to riding the 4k NAM and Ukie???

The best is that DT made the seamless transition so he can continue sharing the best snowmaps. He's a true old school ship captain.

No reason not to continue with radio shows. I think they are excellent and we are lucky to have true expert analysis free of charge. On a side note I'm a very superstitious person but I feel the radio shows do not bring any of us bad luck with the storms. We had many great events that verified as modeled when there were radio shows discussing them.

Thanks, appreciate it. The radio show curse meme got old and dry a while ago and it's mildly annoying at this point. But a lame meme is a lame meme.

Did the ensembles agree with the op on the 12z Euro? Don't remember seeing it posted.

They were a bit east and a bit colder, so better for us.  But nobody seems to have a good answer as to the utility of the Euro ensemble mean at this kind of leadtime.  I'd much rather have the Op in my corner.  The GFS Op is FAR superior to the ensemble mean at this sort of leadtime. 

Just get me above climo for the season and I'm happy.....4".

I'll take anything because I'm a snow wh*re like all of us, but after seeing last night's 0z Euro, I was feeling pretty confident about getting my biggest accumulation of the year and perhaps biggest since Feb 2010.  Still, I think anything less than 8-9" IMBY is going to be disappointing. 

They were a bit east and a bit colder, so better for us.  But nobody seems to have a good answer as to the utility of the Euro ensemble mean at this kind of leadtime.  I'd much rather have the Op in my corner.  The GFS Op is FAR superior to the ensemble mean at this sort of leadtime.

Thank you..BTW I made DT 16-20 final call ring...cut that in half and I would still smile from ear to ear

Archived