Newest Member
    joxey
February 8-10 Snow Event

Hoosier

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, if the RGEM is right, you could argue 4" here between both waves

Yeah that's an interesting run to be sure.  Drops close to 0.30" precip near the QC, which would easily fluff up to 4-5".  Sticking with my 1.5" call from earlier, but could bust if wetter runs like the GFS and RGEM end up winning out.

The 0z NAM has like 42 hours of light snow that adds up to 0.21" LE for LAF. Woo! Though the second half of that is most likely dumb NAM fantasy snow. But, mood flakes will be enjoyed.

Model handling of these waves has been less than stellar so you never know.  Why I've been hesitant to make a call lol

Model handling of these waves has been less than stellar so you never know.  Why I've been hesitant to make a call lol

And the 6z runs take the Sunday "best" to our north. Rock solid models as usual. 

Some snow here this morning covering everything up, which is nice. I was getting tired of the sun. ;):D

My earlier sneaky central Indiana Sunday snow has now turned into a sneaky northern Indiana snow. :lol:

Also note how the Wyandotte snow magnet is trying to do its dirty work. ;)

FWIW, and it's a big FWIW...here's the 6z NMM 48 hour total QPF (includes today's snow as well). We'll see, as we know the drill with hi-res models sometimes...but it has trended stronger with tomorrow's snows.

My earlier sneaky central Indiana Sunday snow has now turned into a sneaky northern Indiana snow. :lol:

Also note how the Wyandotte snow magnet is trying to do its dirty work. ;)

FWIW, and it's a big FWIW...here's the 6z NMM 48 hour total QPF (includes today's snow as well). We'll see, as we know the drill with hi-res models sometimes...but it has trended stronger with tomorrow's snows.

2:8 6z NMM.gif

Never deny the power of the Wyandotte snow magnet. Honestly I laughed when I saw the 06z models trending closer to here and more moist. I mean it is a weekend after all, so it has to snow with some sort of appreciable measurement.

The snow this morning is very fluffy.  I be the ratio is double what we got a few days ago.  I think we are approaching an inch and there are heavier returns approaching from the west.  A guy to my nw says this may be the heaviest snow he's seen this season.  I could easily see 2" out of this if it holds together.

I'm going with a heavy 2", but light to push. Everything I own is in need of some repair. Looking forward to the brief pause in the action to change oil, repair broken welds and give everything the once over. Plowing in these cold temps is brutal on the plows, cracks and breakage is the name of the game.

"Best" band of snow tomorrow looks solid for vortex-Keener-IWXwx.

Swing and a whiff for LAF, it looks like...from the consensus of the 12z runs. 

I'm liking ~2" when it's all said and done. You look solid for at least 1-2" as well. The best-best-best (~3") will probably fall between us. :lol:

Archived