Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 8-10 Snow Event

Hoosier

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess I'm talking a nice would up storm to cap it off..  Sure they had two over 10 if you include the fes bomb. Just my opinion its still missing something to make it totally memorable.

There is a few others who share your opinion. I was very happy with Jan 5/6 here and my 17" but YES a few wanted the more wound up system instead. Just give me the heavy duty snow as that had and i am good to go. Don't need the wind and or can take it or leave it.

There is a few others who share your opinion. I was very happy with Jan 5/6 here and my 17" but YES a few wanted the more wound up system instead. Just give me the heavy duty snow as that had and i am good to go. Don't need the wind and or can take it or leave it.

I am a bottom line guy personally, if 10" comes in 2 days or 12 hours. At the end of the event if both have 10" on the ground I am happy. Of course I don't have nearly the time to track systems unless I am at work so super rates and thundersnow isn't nearly as appealing unless I am working.

You guys are bashing on Hoosier for starting the thread because its some bad luck? Just watch! Give it another 2-3 days and you"ll be regretting you said that, haha.

Potential is there but the question then becomes, will there be a storm? Models have mishandled this current storm till within 24 hours. How do you expect any consistency for a storm 84+ hours out?

You guys are bashing on Hoosier for starting the thread because its some bad luck? Just watch! Give it another 2-3 days and you"ll be regretting you said that, haha.

Potential is there but the question then becomes, will there be a storm? Models have mishandled this current storm till within 24 hours. How do you expect any consistency for a storm 84+ hours out?

One of your best posts in days.

To be fair, the storm is still there. Southern Ontario and upstate NY might still get 1-2" as per this run of the GFS.

I am a bottom line guy personally, if 10" comes in 2 days or 12 hours. At the end of the event if both have 10" on the ground I am happy. Of course I don't have nearly the time to track systems unless I am at work so super rates and thundersnow isn't nearly as appealing unless I am working.

I actually like longer duration, high-yield events. It keeps the snowy mood up longer and keeps covering up the slush and grey snow that develops as cleanup goes on. Amazing rates and thundersnow and the like are all really awesome, but a lot of times if you blink you can miss that entirely. With long duration events, you can even take a nap or something and wake up and the gift keeps on giving.

Well excuse me for not finding an event that takes 2 entire days to dump 10" "exciting."

And unless one has ridiculously low standards or doesn't know any better (I.E. has never experienced a big dog), I can't imagine how anyone would find that "exciting."

Trust me I understand you desires for big dogs.  One thing I started to do (not sure if you can) is plan a trip each winter around a storms (not easy cause you have to be flexable and spontaneous).  Last several years I have been able to go someplace during their big dogs.  Last winter I was in Petoskey when they got an 18" event (storm & LES combo).  Great storm and ski trip!!  As others know I have family in SW MI (Allegan and Bloomingdale) so I would go visit them during their big dogs. 

It does not always work out but relying on SE MI to deliver could take a life time.  :oldman:

Living in Fenton this winter and I was able big dog Jan 5th this winter.  I have learn NOT to expect it in this area.

I used to be an IMBY whiner (others will instantly agree).  But now I will travel to storms (snow & thunder) whenever I can and not worry about MBY.  Oh yeah I still want it IMBY but my big dog desire is fullfilled.

Trust me I understand you desires for big dogs. One thing I started to do (not sure if you can) is plan a trip each winter around a storms (not easy cause you have to be flexable and spontaneous). Last several years I have been able to go someplace during their big dogs. Last winter I was in Petoskey when they got an 18" event (storm & LES combo). Great storm and ski trip!! As others know I have family in SW MI (Allegan and Bloomingdale) so I would go visit them during their big dogs.

It does not always work out but relying on SE MI to deliver could take a life time. :oldman:

Living in Fenton this winter and I was able big dog Jan 5th this winter. I have learn NOT to expect it in this area.

I used to be an IMBY whiner (others will instantly agree). But now I will travel to storms (snow & thunder) whenever I can and not worry about MBY. Oh yeah I still want it IMBY but my big dog desire is fullfilled.

I've definitely considered snowstorm chasing. It's just a matter of timing and location (to plan eveything out right).

But who knows.If this storm right now continues trending NW and beefs up like the NAM, I may not have to do that for a while.

I've definitely considered snowstorm chasing. It's just a matter of timing and location (to plan eveything out right).

But who knows.If this storm right now continues trending NW and beefs up like the NAM, I may not have to do that for a while.

I have found it to be lots of fun (hobby fun that is).  Plus my kids love doing it with me :thumbsup: .  It take a few failures and then you start understanding what to look for and being flexiable too.

Hopefully this trend will continue tonights storm.  :mapsnow:

Archived