• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 3rd event

Brian5671

Looks like a 7-9  hour wet snow paste job nyc south. Which i think would compensate for the warm pavement

unfortunately this is not like the last storms where everything stuck immediately so fo the city itself to see any accumulation more than slush, you will need to count on very heavy snowfall rates..  As of now I see NYC on the very northern fringe of those heaviest rates so it will be a close call. I can see NYC getting 1-3 sloppy inches, perhaps a bit more if things trend north about 50 miles to get them off of the northern fringe...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sun angle only matters when the event is marginally cold. it can snow during the day in april and stick to roads

It probably will get in early enough too that there won't be a chance for the solar heating to do much work, if the always slow NAM brings it in at 15z or so it probably will be here by 10-12Z....models show 34/17 roughly as the spread at the time so yeah agree it would stick well.

sun angle only matters when the event is marginally cold. it can snow during the day in april and stick to roads

example of that was April 7 , 2003 Heavy Snow roads snow covered in the early afternoon  and ground was warm - 2 days prior was in 40's and 50's

Sun angle on February 1? I heard it all.

Nam isn't that far away from a SECS in our area.

trends north continue on most models so we don't know what the potential is on this one yet with just under 48 hours to go and in this winter so far thats a long time for the models to come to a conclusion

Archived