• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 3rd event

Brian5671

It is way too inconsistent for my liking. It doesn't really go in either direction, sometimes it is way too wet and amped, sometimes it will be too suppressed until the last moment. It has had its well forecast systems, but for the most part it is just eye candy -- a very unreliable model with good graphics and resolution. At least to me.

Unless I'm mistaken wasn't the nam a lot better before the upgrade thy gave it ? Usually under 36 hrs it seemed pretty accurate a few years ago minus the overdone precip.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is way too inconsistent for my liking. It doesn't really go in either direction, sometimes it is way too wet and amped, sometimes it will be too suppressed until the last moment. It has had its well forecast systems, but for the most part it is just eye candy -- a very unreliable model with good graphics and resolution. At least to me. 

I agree about the NAM. Sometimes it doesn't lock into a solution until inside 12hr.

It looks to me like this NAM run is going to be a tick south still with the heaviest precipitation..but that was a big jump northward so we have to watch this carefully.

The ARW is probably out to lunch but fun to look at...MECS for everybody.

Yup. NAM came way North but the heaviest still in the new snow belt..

Sounds like an excellent idea for a dissertation...one that would be way outta my league. Thanks for the clarification.

Archived