Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 3rd event

Brian5671

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It probably will end up more north than most guidance has now minus the GGEM, I would expect slightly north of the Euro/GFS and way north of where the NAM is. The 06Z RGEM at 54 hours looked very north, so much so DCA/BWI were almost entirely rain.

Nice. The 0z Euro from 2 nights ago jackpots my BY, but thinking that was too juiced based on trends. We will get ours in the Great NW in due time...

I grew up in Monmouth County hating Sussex County. Now I live in Sussex County and... Yeah.

Nice. The 0z Euro from 2 nights ago jackpots my BY, but thinking that was too juiced based on trends. We will get ours in the Great NW in due time...

I grew up in Monmouth County hating Sussex County. Now I live in Sussex County and... Yeah.

Lol benchmark I grew up in Sayreville middlesex county hating northwest nj....I am up here as well now....the irony...

It was encouraging to see the SREF tick wetter overnight, but I really would've liked the Euro to hold serve. If we tick south toward the Euro solution this will become a nuisance event at best for most people north of Trenton.

Agree with this. Can go either way right now, warmth the day before will hurt us

9z SREFs gradient tighter versus 3z with stronger vort.  Little change in .25 line (just north of NYC/north shore of LI), but .50 line is roughly across I-195 which is north of 3z.  Spread continues biased to the north.  Large area of 1.00+ across Virginia, almost to DCA.  Still believe this will trend further north based on the vort continued to be modeled stronger

Man I'm tired of being just a hair north of the heaviest action; seems when I was a kid we always had more the Woodbridge area than points south, which turned to rain faster.

Yes and if you get a 2007-08 solution in Feb where a SWFE thumps you and you turn to ice or rain lol. coast has been winning since March 2009

Man I'm tired of being just a hair north of the heaviest action; seems when I was a kid we always had more the Woodbridge area than points south, which turned to rain faster.

How do you think I feel about this? I live just to the north of I-80 and it's really rare to get into the heaviest snow. I guess it's time for me to move? Anyway, congrats again for Monmouth County. :)

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

How do you think I feel about this? I live just to the north of I-80 and it's really rare to get into the heaviest snow. I guess it's time for me to move? Anyway, congrats again for Monmouth County. :)

Sent from my HTC PH39100

Me too. In my second winter here, I'm learning that it snows more often but every single major event, we have had less than either North of us or South of us.

Sent from my HTC PH39100

Sent from my HTC PH39100

yeah that used to be the jackpot area up your way; we' d turn to rain after 2-3 inches while north would get 4-8. And Monmouth got slop. Feel like I'm either too far north or too far south, though 2010-11 was different.

Monmouth county jackpot ? Wow that's a new idea

Seems to be the case since March 09, along with parts of LI. 09-10 was the starkest, tho admittedly even further south was the real jackpot. Cape May with twice the snow of NYC? I think Balt wound up with a total of 87 inches, missing only the last storm, which also kinda missed my area ( 8 inches in Woodbridge compared to much higher amounts north ) This storm is looking the same, oh well we are out of snow days here anyway.

NAM is a bit more amplified with the shortwave of importance through 15 hours..and less suppressive with the height field to the north.

My impression is you guys don't like the NAM much, but didn't it get the late March storm right last winter? Seems like any model can turn out being right at times.

My impression is you guys don't like the NAM much, but didn't it get the late March storm right last winter? Seems like any model can turn out being right at times.

It is way too inconsistent for my liking. It doesn't really go in either direction, sometimes it is way too wet and amped, sometimes it will be too suppressed until the last moment. It has had its well forecast systems, but for the most part it is just eye candy -- a very unreliable model with good graphics and resolution. At least to me. 

Archived