• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 3rd event

Brian5671

This will be an amazing stretch for LI.... 6 inches Monday. 6-10 inches on Wednesday with IP and ZR at end, and potentially a 12 incher plus next weekend. There could really be 30-40 inch snow pack on the ground from 2/10 to 2/20. Think this will be a historic I'monce in a lifetime 8 day span,,, looks like a lock....

You are too conservative.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will be an amazing stretch for LI.... 6 inches Monday. 6-10 inches on Wednesday with IP and ZR at end, and potentially a 12 incher plus next weekend. There could really be 30-40 inch snow pack on the ground from 2/10 to 2/20. Think this will be a historic once in a lifetime 8 day span,,, looks like a lock....

You sir have got a BIG set of coconuts making an outlandish call like that. Ill give it you have some guts putting yourself out there like that but try and be a bit more....reasonable lol. P.S. would love for it to happen but its way too off for that talk my friend

This will be an amazing stretch for LI.... 6 inches Monday. 6-10 inches on Wednesday with IP and ZR at end, and potentially a 12 incher plus next weekend. There could really be 20-30 inch snow pack on the ground from 2/10 to 2/20.  Think this will be a historic once in a lifetime 8 day span,,, looks like a lock....  The 2/8 to 2/9 looks like a blizzard potential event.

You just jinxed us, thanks!  Let's try and take it one storm at a time.  Monday is looking better as SREFs keep inching North with the .5 QPF line & leave it at that for now.

This will be an amazing stretch for LI.... 6 inches Monday. 6-10 inches on Wednesday with IP and ZR at end, and potentially a 12 incher plus next weekend. There could really be 20-30 inch snow pack on the ground from 2/10 to 2/20.  Think this will be a historic once in a lifetime 8 day span,,, looks like a lock....  The 2/8 to 2/9 looks like a blizzard potential event.  We will likely have for the first time snow piles survive until Memorial Day on Long Island.  I would place bets on that if I could.... If I am correct with this post, and I mean correct with snowfall and duration, please remove the 5 post limit.  Here are my numbers.. I am riding this and will go with this until proven wrong...

Monday 4-6 inches

Wednesday 6-10 followed by IP and ZR glaze

Saturday into Sunday 12-18 inches with possible blizzard.

Sorry, anyone who posts something beyond 2-3 days as a "lock" deserves the moron tag.  You may end up being "right" but not because you know anything about chaotic, extremely unpredictable phenomena, like the weather, but because you got lucky. 

We will likely have for the first time snow piles survive until Memorial Day on Long Island. I would place bets on that if I could.... If I am correct with this post, and I mean correct with snowfall and duration, please remove the 5 post limit. Here are my numbers.. I am riding this and will go with this until proven wrong...

You can place a bet. I will wager any amount of $ on your Memorial Day snow pile lock...

There might still be some room for this to nudge a little further north. I'm liking where most of us sit for a nice, potentially significant snow event. RIght now I'd say high advisory criteria but if 0.50"+ liquid works out, there could be a 6-8" swath. Ratios won't be great but still could be 12-1 or so. It might be a little warm to start for places like Belmar, but it cools down very fast and the snow will thump like crazy. There's a lot of moisture with this from the Gulf, so this could be a high QPF system.

No it's not. If anything it looks maybe a little drier than 12z for most.

There could be a sharp gradient for this-notice the S/W north of ours for the storm, it could help provide some confluence and drying north of where the snow hits.

Um, where I live right near 80 in NW nj, 12z NAM had a trace. Now maps print out 2-3" of snow.

Respectfully disagree.

The first event is critical to the second. If the threat on the 3rd can strengthen enough, it could act as a quasi 50-50 low on its way out for the next system. I think we may see this occur if current trends continue -- as it does seem the next storm is trending colder.

Archived