Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 3rd event

Brian5671

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All your images are not coming up from WxBell, FYI!  Not sure if you are hard linking them or what.  Getting a 403 forbidden message.

Just found out as of yesterday they blocked all there Euro stuff, they were asked not share it anymore , not in there contract  .Thanks dude for the heads up , anyway it was 4k High res snow map , looks nice hopefully they can release the NCEP stuff

I don't think you need a degree to practice meteorology. I may be wrong, I don't know, but I don't think it is a licensed profession. But you just can't call yourself a met if you aren't one. Wasn't Frank Fields an ophthalmologist or optometrist ( 2 different degrees by the way )?

He did not call himself a met. Called himself a Doctor......

NYC/Long Island are 0.25-0.5" liquid, 0.5" starts roughly around Asbury Park and goes maybe 20-30 miles south of LI. 0.25" gets almost to the CT coast. Not a huge snow cutoff like the GGEM has-I think there will be more of a sharp cutoff due to the wave north of it maybe pressing down on the snow coming in with our wave. I'd say a general 3-6" is a good call for now.

yea,,I agree. i think the rain should stay south of ocean cty

you should postpone your flight. Monday is looking like a nice event here. GFS is still playing catch up so its thermals don't surprise me. The NAM has better thermal verification scores than GFS at this range and it's pretty cold.

Just found out as of yesterday they blocked all there Euro stuff, they were asked not share it anymore , not in there contract  .Thanks dude for the heads up , anyway it was 4k High res snow map , looks nice hopefully they can release the NCEP stuff

WxBell has been very generous with there imagery. Kudos to them. It's too bad that damn feb 8th snow map a few days ago went viral sending the media into a BECS frenzy.

Archived