12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 3rd event

Brian5671

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't abandon the heavier snow idea w the Euro the Canadian the Rgem and sref in you're back pocket . Look for consensus

There's always outliers to both extremes . But I would give little weight to a model that flip flops like this

Well on the 4k NAM, weatherbell snow depth, it is 6" total snowfall into parts of NYC, yet with snow depth never getting above 3", and under 2" by the time the storm winds down. How accurate are the model's depictions of melting ?

Yeah I don't understand that. Temps are borderline on the 4km (32-33), so maybe WB is accounting for melting.

Well that's a given. I think we've all accepted they'll always jackpot ;) Philly as well, of course. Assuming the rgem is overdone and philly doesn't see 8-12" and we don't see 4-8", cut in half seems more likely....phl 4-6 and us 2-4

Everyone said the RGEM was overdone the last storm (even myself) and it verified almost to the exact T.  I don't think we can make such drastic assumptions.  

Right now there is some model consensus that a portion of SNJ is going to deal with temp issues and some rain to begin.  Philly S and E is riding the make it or break line right now.  Wouldn't stun me if we saw some now-casting change with where the heaviest snow falls and keep in mind, sometimes the "best" accumulating snow or the highest totals don't come where heaviest radar returns are, if there are surface issues or mixing.

To recap the RGEM. Hr 39 850s KNYC minus 2 Monmouth county to about asbury park minus 1

Hour 42 850s same. Hr 45 850 s minus 4. Surface temps KNYC 32. 31.30. Monmouth county. 33 32 32

R/S at hour 39 is around Ocean county Monmouth county border. Then it cools. So N of there is snow.

Archived