vokive3692
    Newest Member
    vokive3692
Feb 3rd event

Brian5671

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having followed the NWS for a long time, given that the Euro largely held serve, with just about the same storm track and snowfall amounts as the 0Z run today, I'd expect the NWS to compromise between the more bullish and northward Euro/Canadian and the weaker/more southward GFS/NAM and at least issue winter weather advisories for 3-6" (not quite warning criteria, which is 6" or more in 12 hours for counties north of 195) for Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Somerset, Hunterdon, Essex, Hudson, Union, NYC/LI, but probably leaving Warren, Sussex, Morris, Bergen, Passaic (and the Hudson Valley/CT) out of the advisories with only 1-3" predictions.

I'd also expect the current watch counties along the Delaware Valley in SJ (Burlington, Ocean, Camden, Gloucester, and Salem) and in SE PA converted to warnings for 4-6", where warning criteria are 4" in 12 hours.  I'd also guess that they might put up warnings for Atlantic and Cumberland, as enough of those counties could get 4" or more of snow after a changeover from rain, to start.  Cape May might just get a WWAdvisory.  Let's see how I do, lol.   

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/er/phi/

Yup, NAM members killing SREFs.

Yea I bet. But the SREFs really look like a good call right now. If the RGEM stays amped I'll believe in it more.

An RGEM/SREF/Euro/GFS combo look good to me right now. I added the gfs bc you just can't ignore the further south models.

Yea I bet. But the SREFs really look like a good call right now. If the RGEM stays amped I'll believe in it more.

An RGEM/SREF/Euro/GFS combo look good to me right now. I added the gfs bc you just can't ignore the further south models.

my gut says 35 more miles with north trend. At the end of day, Monday night, guidance will have been 15 miles too far north. If that makes any sense, I need to go to sleep.

If the euro is correct, this will really be a frustrating one to watch. 3-5" for NYC and NNJ, 6-8" CNJ and 8-12" with a huge area of more than 10" for SNJ including phl of course......but after the Wednesday storm, we all have a foot of snow on the ground. Trenton with 16"+

Sheesh another one of those winters, people remember 2/6/10 but there were some other smaller ones that year that stayed south IIRC, and didn't ACY just get 7 inches last Monday? And last I checked Wed was looking kinda shakey. I'm surprised at your optimism. 

Euro is .5 at KNYC. .7 into KBLM. 1 inch into Toms River. I keep reading people think this is 8 to 1 I think by Brooklyn friend said .5 is 2 to 4. Hour 42 850 minus 3 surface 31. Hour 48 850 minus 3 surface 30. This all 10 to 1 .

The RGEM at KNYC looks close to .75 and an inch right to the driscol bridge. The tic south on the SREF is because the NAM is as wrong as it could be . With these precip rates due to the VV showing up I suspect the best banding will be through CNJ that the models will not pick up until inside 24 hours.

KNYC is prob close to 6 inches .

In a line from Philly through Trenton into Monmouth county is closer to 8 .

Archived