northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Feb 3rd event

Brian5671

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

those watches from mt. holly are weird.  in hunterdon and monmouth county where they have a WSW, the point and click forecast for the those locations are for 3-5" 

meanwhile, they dont have a WSW for middlesex county, but the snow forecast is the same.

i assume the criteria for a WSW is the same in all 3 of those counties.

I'd put up watches for all of NJ (perhaps save Sussex), LI, and the entire NYC Metro, all the way to coastal Ct.

I smell overperformer, 4-8" NYC, 6-9" Philly with some jack zones up to a foot.  This is a dynamic system with some juice to work with...

I'd put up watches for all of NJ (perhaps save Sussex), LI, and the entire NYC Metro, all the way to coastal Ct.

I smell overperformer, 4-8" NYC, 6-9" Philly with some jack zones up to a foot.  This is a dynamic system with some juice to work with...

Agreed.  And the Warning criteria up here in Sussex is 7" and doesn't seem like the QPF is enough to get us there (or at least the Southern sections woudl max out).  But the Euro has been steadfast and the short range guidance (esp. the rather solid RGEM) warrant watches in NYC and the rest of NJ, no doubt.

VV's looks really good for this area, great omega, etc, plus the Gulf being tapped. Tomorrow's going to be a fun day. Hopefully Wed isn't so bad and we're left with cement after that's done. Awesome way to run a February in NYC.

When you guys say really wet do you mean as in rain???

No, lots of liquid as snow. And the good part about this is that this won't compress to half the depth in 12 hours like the last storm did for me. I had almost a foot on 1/21 and it settled like crazy because the ratios were so high. This will be a lower ratio snow that will preserve depth. Hopefully it lasts after the soaking on Wednesday-it should because even though we'll rain around the city, it won't torch to 45+ like the storm in Dec.

This Afternoon Sunny early, then becoming mostly cloudy, with a high near 51. South wind around 7 mph.

• Tonight A chance of rain before 4am, then a chance of rain, snow, and sleet. Cloudy, with a low around 33. West wind 6 to 11 mph becoming north after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
  • Monday Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 1pm. High near 34. North wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Archived