• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
February Medium/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

I'm shoving all my chips in the middle on what the 6z GFS is showing for 240h. Lock it down.

(Am I doing this right?)

thats not going to work out either. The euro is an outlier and probably wrong. Even the Euro Control is weaker than the OP.

Im out

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you ever seen that television show called Finding Bigfoot? I've never seen it but I can guarentee you they have NEVER found Bigfoot. Relating this to PDIII possible scenario........It ain't happening either.

Yeah, of course I watch that dung (look at my avatar). 

I give some credence to the GFS PD3 only because it crushes Philly (2.0" QPF).

Desperation time.....84 hour nam :whistle:

Euro has trended this one. We'll see how it goes today but 3 improved runs at relatively short leads isn't a bad thing. EPS has precip in our area but looks like most members keep it south. Right where we want it attm. I think I'm going to go on a weenieism spree this weekend. I've been working on some new material too.

Those scenarios are most common with Nino years. Basically a train of moisture from Hawaii to the SW conus and beyond.

It looked to me like the 6Z GFS run showed the Pacific waves interacting with the East coast for the Wednesday-Thursday storm possibility.

It looked to me like the 6Z GFS run showed the Pacific waves interacting with the East coast for the Wednesday-Thursday storm possibility.

Not a pineapple express. That's just pac energy rolling over the top of a ridge. Run your north pac 700rh loops. 

Pineapple express is associated with a strong sub tropical jet extending back from hawaii. This is an extreme example but it shows it clearly. 

post-2035-0-62501600-1391785865_thumb.gi

Not a pineapple express. That's just pac energy rolling over the top of a ridge. Run your north pac 700rh loops. 

Pineapple express is associated with a strong sub tropical jet extending back from hawaii. This is an extreme example but it shows it clearly. 

The CIMSS infrared loop is what caught my attention. http://tropic.ssec.wisc.edu/real-time/imagemain.php?&basin=eastpac∏=irbbm&sat=g9

xxirg9bbm.jpg

Euro has trended this one. We'll see how it goes today but 3 improved runs at relatively short leads isn't a bad thing. EPS has precip in our area but looks like most members keep it south. Right where we want it attm. I think I'm going to go on a weenieism spree this weekend. I've been working on some new material too.

Does the GFS just not have this system at all or is it the one waiting until 114?

The CIMSS infrared loop is what caught my attention. http://tropic.ssec.wisc.edu/real-time/imagemain.php?&basin=eastpac∏=irbbm&sat=g9

It's a pac moisture feed for sure. Not sure I would call it a pineapple express. Typically there is a blocking hp in the gulf of alaska during a nina pattern when the term is used. I suppose it's muddy in between. I see where you are going with this but I wouldn't call it a pineapple express at all. Still a moist pac flow that will keep the conus pretty active. The moisture laden systems we may see going forward will get most of their moisture from the gulf but the spark that ignites it the pac energy rolling in. 

post-2035-0-47336000-1391788067_thumb.jp

It's a pac moisture feed for sure. Not sure I would call it a pineapple express. Typically there is a blocking hp in the gulf of alaska during a nina pattern when the term is used. I suppose it's muddy in between. I see where you are going with this but I wouldn't call it a pineapple express at all. Still a moist pac flow that will keep the conus pretty active. The moisture laden systems we may see going forward will get most of their moisture from the gulf but the spark that ignites it the pac energy rolling in. 

attachicon.gifpxpress.JPG

Cantore and Jeff masters were all over it, haha. I didn't realize they typically come with Ninas, good stuff!

Cantore and Jeff masters were all over it, haha. I didn't realize they typically come with Ninas, good stuff!

I'm not versed enough to say one way or the other with the current pattern. Moisture is streaming from HI nw into the pac nw. I suppose if it's the source region that defines the term then this would qualify. For us, the p express in a nino with a block is the best setup you can ask for. 09/10 was special on so many levels. 

I'm not versed enough to say one way or the other with the current pattern. Moisture is streaming from HI nw into the pac nw. I suppose if it's the source region that defines the term then this would qualify. For us, the p express in a nino with a block is the best setup you can ask for. 09/10 was special on so many levels. 

It's odd how the wiki page case studies seem to have occurred near the end of that Nino I think? The page didn't really choose the best diagrams. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pineapple_Express#Extreme_cases

Archived